Great Site and New Tent on the Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Site and New Tent on the Way

Hey all, I recently found this site and spent a great deal of time going back through the threads. What a great forum.

I have a new Kodiak Canvas 10x14 ft. 6014 8 person Deluxe Canvas Tent on the way. I can hardly wait.

Re: Great Site and New Tent on the Way

Hi MN Dale and Welcome to the Site!

There are several forum members that use Kodiak tents. After you get a chance to take the Kodiak out in it's "natural environment", take some pics and share them.
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

I have the same Kodiak Deluxe 10 x 14. Great tent. I would suggest changing the tent stakes out to the spax bolts. Makes setup and tear down so much easier. I also have a Kodiak Canvas truck tent for solo trips.
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by MN Dale View Post
        Hey all, I recently found this site and spent a great deal of time going back through the threads. What a great forum.

I have a new Kodiak Canvas 10x14 ft. 6014 8 person Deluxe Canvas Tent on the way. I can hardly wait.

Welcome to the forum. Can't go wrong with a Kodiak.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
          I would suggest changing the tent stakes out to the spax bolts. Makes setup and tear down so much easier.
          Believe me - it beats hammering those hefty stakes in! In any event, I can pretty much guarantee you'll love that tent.
          http://www.campingforums.com/forum/s...1134#post41134

Comment

I received the tent and set it up last Friday. My only complaint is that I wish I would have bought this tent 10 years ago. This tent is so easy to put up and take down. I seasoned the tent and not a leak to be found. I love the bag that fits to the folded up tent. I will mainly use this tent for my hunting and fishing camp. I do have some land on a duck lake 45 minutes from my house that I use for camping. This thing is going to rock for when I camp in March at the property boiling sap into maple syrup. I believe my wife is going to like this tent.

Here's a pic of my last set up. Click image for larger version

Name:	loritent.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	70811 I'm not even sure the brand name. It was a good tent but was a little small with three guys and a cot.

Thanks all.

Comment

MacGyver, thanks for the link. Great idea.

Comment

Working...
              X