New Family camping tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Family camping tent

I've been in search of a new family tent since our old coleman tent had worn out a year or so ago. Back in March I ordered the Browning Big Horn family cabin tent off Amazon, been wanting this tent for 2 to 3 years, I live around Lake Arrowhead State park near Wichita Falls Tx., we went camping 1st weekend of April which it poured rain Saturday night and Sunday. I told my wife that it would be a good time to test out if it was waterproof. This is an awesome 10 x 15 tent, both daughters and wife love the tent, did not leak except for what water got in during set up. Went to Lowes and bought two 6 x 8 ft rolls of cheap carpet to put under each queen air mattress and a 10 x 15 ground cover from Amazon (11mil). On taking down tent Monday after camping tent pole came apart, called Browning and with 2 days had another pole delivered free of charge to the front porch, and I still have the old pole as a standby pole. The tent is not the high dollar tents most talk about here but for our needs we love it. I'm especially great full that they stand by their product, 100% warrantee on defects.

Re: New Family camping tent

Originally posted by Xray View Post
    I've been in search of a new family tent since our old coleman tent had worn out a year or so ago. Back in March I ordered the Browning Big Horn family cabin tent off Amazon, been wanting this tent for 2 to 3 years, I live around Lake Arrowhead State park near Wichita Falls Tx., we went camping 1st weekend of April which it poured rain Saturday night and Sunday. I told my wife that it would be a good time to test out if it was waterproof. This is an awesome 10 x 15 tent, both daughters and wife love the tent, did not leak except for what water got in during set up. Went to Lowes and bought two 6 x 8 ft rolls of cheap carpet to put under each queen air mattress and a 10 x 15 ground cover from Amazon (11mil). On taking down tent Monday after camping tent pole came apart, called Browning and with 2 days had another pole delivered free of charge to the front porch, and I still have the old pole as a standby pole. The tent is not the high dollar tents most talk about here but for our needs we love it. I'm especially great full that they stand by their product, 100% warrantee on defects.
    Nice. Glad it worked out for you. Do you have any pics that you might want to share?
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

Re: New Family camping tent

Originally posted by Xray View Post
      On taking down tent Monday after camping tent pole came apart, called Browning and with 2 days had another pole delivered free of charge to the front porch, and I still have the old pole as a standby pole.
      Can you explain what you mean? If the pole's internal shock cord broke or came untied-either are fairly simple repairs----even for a novice (you tube it). Then you'd have a fully functioning backup.
      2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
      Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
      Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
      Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X