Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage PUP tent - Who was looking for something like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage PUP tent - Who was looking for something like this?

Hey Campers...

I was perusing the internet and came across this French Army Surplus PUP tent. I remember there was a thread (or threads) in the past that discussed vintage tents and the topic discussed prior tents we had owned and wish we still had or could find. I can't remember exactly who, but there was a comment about a standard pup style tent...2 poles, 2 T zip doors.

It might have been you MacGyver but my memory begins to fade from UV exposure. lol Not sure if this is what the poster was looking for....but

Take a look at this beauty. Vintage. Authentic Surplus. Unused. Cheap $60 @ Colemans.com

https://colemans.com/shop/camping-ge...p-tent-unused/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Troop Tent.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	72973
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Re: Vintage PUP tent - Who was looking for something like this?

Yeah - it was me. And now I have to hate you forever because I'm already overloaded with tents and considering dumping a few on Craigslist.
    Nah... I'm glad you found that and posted it. If I can figure out which tents to get rid of, I'll grab one of 'em.

Comment

Holy crap...only $60!

aaaaaand my wife already nixed the idea. :bigboulay:
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Do a search for shelter halves on any military surplus site. You can get a better deal than $60.
        2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Working...
        X