Dispersed Camping Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispersed Camping Map

I came across a map (Colorado only for now) that has a ton of dispersed campsite locations, many including photos and descriptions. I like that you have to submit a campsite to get access

http://campcrew.co

Re: Dispersed Camping Map

Smart way to add to base .
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Google emails only? Wow, I didn't even make it past step one.
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
        I uhm still haven't figured out how to burn CDs and they are already obsolete.......
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
          You mean they only allow registration with a google email? Wow! That's just wrong on so many levels.
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1072.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	70783
            Yeah, when you go to sign up, you get this screen. I was kind of interested, cause the mountains are getting trashed by homeless squatters. Most communities are starting to develop mountain watch programs to deal with the homeless vagrants. The last two big fires around here were started by squatters.
            Last edited by 05Kingquad700; 04-16-2017, 07:43 AM.
            Nights camped in 2019: 24
            Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Looked at their FAQs:

Why do I need a Google email address?

Camp Crew is currently built off the Google Maps platform. In order to utilize the great features that come with Google (mobile app, directions, etc.) you’ll need a gmail email address.

Wonder how many people walk away because of this? I don't use google anything and won't get an email just so I can access a listing for which I don't even know if I'll value the content. As I don't use the google mobile app, nor google directions, etc., why not allow me to sign up with my non-google email with the understanding that I'll have to get directions in another way (such as by the coordinates using my GPS)?
              “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

... doesn't everyone need a free spam/registration e-(g)mail address?
                Useful when buying stuff from sportsman's guide and midway (semi-notorious spam-etailers)...
                (...as well as helping reduce (paranoid) anxiety on semi-unsecure forums (cough).. . registration e-gmail leads only to the spam account)

Enjoy!
                Last edited by Happy Joe; 04-19-2017, 10:46 AM.
                2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

I can have as many free email addresses with Juno as I want. I also have unlimited email addresses with my website.

No need for Google.

Comment

Not promoting google just the advisability of 2 step secure log in free e-mail addresses...

Enjoy!
                    Last edited by Happy Joe; 04-20-2017, 08:19 AM.
                    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Actually, I find Juno to be far more secure. I have little to no spam coming in, and it doesn't get hacked. I get a fair amount of hacked spam messages from friends' Gmail accounts, but they've never received them from me.

Of coure, that could be due to my not being on that forsaken H-hole of the world...

Comment

I don't receive much (any) spam in my gmail...not that I notice anyway. I never check the spam folder to see if anything is in there. Plus, since I have an android phone it plays well with everything. I personally love Google.

However, I will say that I am pretty guarded of my email address. I have one that I use for what I call, non serious stuff.
                        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                        – E. B. White

Comment

I use freecampsites.net you can find tones of places to camp.

Comment

Deleting duplicate post
                            Last edited by MacGyver; 05-15-2017, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Joe View Post
                              ... doesn't everyone need a free spam/registration e-(g)mail address?
                              Don't know if it's the same with the free version, but with the paid version of Yahoo mail, you can create disposable email addresses. You set up a prefix of your choosing, such as "name1234-" then follow it with anything you want... name1234-camping, name1234-frizzlehead... all @yahoo.com. Everything is delivered to your regular inbox. When I order at a place I know is a one time purchase, I create a new address and delete it when the transaction is complete. If I think I'm being spammed by a site I've given my email to, I just delete the disposable associated with that site.

Comment

Working...
                              X