Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Default Re: So, this happened today...

Quote Originally Posted by NYCgrrl View Post
    ^^^
    Listen, you have to do what you have to do to take care of self (hug).

Back in the olden days, I didn't file a complaint with EEOC because I worried it would follow me through the industry; still wonder what would have happened 30 odd years later.
    To be honest I questioned weather or not I should do it before hand and I still question it. I knew I wasn't going to be in this job long anyway (I have been here a year and a half and didn't expect it to last this long) and didn't know if I had the right to mess with a system that people were obviously ok with. I knew what I was getting into before I made that call and figured that I could take that bullet better than anyone else there since I wasn't planning on staying. Everything played out pretty much like I figured it would with the only exception being that the Dept of Labor did such a crappy job that the back pay for most of the guys was a fraction of what it should have been....and I am talking about tens of thousands of dollars short.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.
    E. B. White

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James. View Post
    To be honest I questioned weather or not I should do it before hand and I still question it. I knew I wasn't going to be in this job long anyway (I have been here a year and a half and didn't expect it to last this long) and didn't know if I had the right to mess with a system that people were obviously ok with. I knew what I was getting into before I made that call and figured that I could take that bullet better than anyone else there since I wasn't planning on staying. Everything played out pretty much like I figured it would with the only exception being that the Dept of Labor did such a crappy job that the back pay for most of the guys was a fraction of what it should have been....and I am talking about tens of thousands of dollars short.
    You stood up and many times that's worth a lot more.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James. View Post
    Well, the first interview turned out to be the only one I needed. They called and offered me a job the next day. I had another set up for today that I canceled. I am SO happy to get out of the company I work for now and this comes with a decent raise to boot.
    Congrats on the new gig!

I Have to Get Out...Again James.'s Avatar
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Talking to the wife about maybe hitting the trail for this weekend. Last day at this job is Friday (unless I can talk my way out of it) and I start the new one Monday. I think camping would be a great break in between.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.
    E. B. White

Thread Information