So, this happened today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, this happened today...

I am looking for a new job and have an interview in a couple days so a cleaner look was in order. Hair donated to Wigs for Kids.
    Attached Files
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Re: So, this happened today...

Thanks for starting my day off with a laugh. I had to do the same thing years ago.

(I never realized that I seem to gravitate to green hats even though I don't like the color green too much)

Comment

James, you cleaned up nicely and for so many good causes too.

MacG.....'splain to me how you slapped some mo mo hair on Mel Gibson and made it look good? :D

Alright, I'll tell the truth......was thinking seriously about shaving the sides of my hair into a stylised Mohawk that would highlight the grey but but thennnnnn my oldest sent me a pic of his new head tattoo (think Maui) and decided against it for a myriad of reasons that boiled down to the Princess needed some mature looking role models in her life.....Yes. I'm decidedly anti-tat.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Well, the first interview turned out to be the only one I needed. They called and offered me a job the next day. I had another set up for today that I canceled. I am SO happy to get out of the company I work for now and this comes with a decent raise to boot.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
          Well, the first interview turned out to be the only one I needed. They called and offered me a job the next day. I had another set up for today that I canceled. I am SO happy to get out of the company I work for now and this comes with a decent raise to boot.
          Feeling this for you!

2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

i am jealous
            my hair never grows long as in down
            it just grows upward

Comment

Congrats...
              Its nice to feel wanted!
              Enjoy!
              2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
              For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
              Ground tents work best for me, so far.
              Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Originally posted by terasec View Post
                i am jealous
                my hair never grows long as in down
                it just grows upward
                OK..so this is the story I made up for this pic.

Yer walking down the street after attending the San Genarro Feast and your child has won the "Cutest Italian-American Baby" contest and alllll those people behind you are peeved 'cuz they thought their baby should've won.
                However the judges were right and thus your child is much too adorable and smart (can't have one without the other) and can no longer be seen by the hoi poi. And NYPD is in the background as bodyguards.

The End

............err sometimes I crack myself up.....:he:
                2017:

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                  OK..so this is the story I made up for this pic.

Yer walking down the street after attending the San Genarro Feast and your child has won the "Cutest Italian-American Baby" contest and alllll those people behind you are peeved 'cuz they thought their baby should've won.
                  However the judges were right and thus your child is much too adorable and smart (can't have one without the other) and can no longer be seen by the hoi poi. And NYPD is in the background as bodyguards.

The End

............err sometimes I crack myself up.....:he:
                  way off
                  its was San Rocco Festival not San Generro

Comment

Since this thread is turning into show and tell this is me with my camping gear. Oh and I've some hair to spare and a hat too:

2017:

Comment

Congratulations on the new job. Hope you get lots of time off to camp
                      - Laura
                      Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Congratulations! Always good to get away from a place that "no longer does it for you".

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                          Since this thread is turning into show and tell this is me with my camping gear. Oh and I've some hair to spare and a hat too:
                          Your pic instantly reminded me of this. I've got a friend who I trade cheap shots with on Facebook which includes doctoring pictures. SO, when he put one up to call me Stick Man (I'm the thinnest one in our gang of idiots) I immediately added to it to show how I camp. I've put that stick figure in dozens of scenes, some with "gestures" instead of bottles.

Last edited by MacGyver; 04-19-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by terasec View Post
                              way off
                              its was San Rocco Festival not San Generro
                              :oh::bigboulay:
                              2017:

Comment

Working...
                              X