Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, this happened today...

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
    Your pic instantly reminded me of this. I've got a friend who I trade cheap shots with on Facebook which includes doctoring pictures. SO, when he put one up to call me Stick Man (I'm the thinnest one in our gang of idiots) I immediately added to it to show how I camp. I've put that stick figure in dozens of scenes, some with "gestures" instead of bottles.

Now that's a good way to avoid the morning after.
    Note to self: Add Red Bull to camping shopping list.....
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Congratulations James! Very good news.
      2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
      Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
      Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
      Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone. I won't get into the details but I ended up filing a complaint with the Dept of Labor because they were not paying the employees overtime which wouldn't have that bad when they started insisting I work Saturdays without overtime was going too far.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by actad View Post
          Congratulations on the new job. Hope you get lots of time off to camp
          One of the things I am excited about is that since am not going to have my truck full of work supplies I will be about to load up with my camping stuff and leave town right after work.
          “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
          – E. B. White

Comment

^^^
            Listen, you have to do what you have to do to take care of self (hug).

Back in the olden days, I didn't file a complaint with EEOC because I worried it would follow me through the industry; still wonder what would have happened 30 odd years later.
            2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
              ^^^
              Listen, you have to do what you have to do to take care of self (hug).

Back in the olden days, I didn't file a complaint with EEOC because I worried it would follow me through the industry; still wonder what would have happened 30 odd years later.
              To be honest I questioned weather or not I should do it before hand and I still question it. I knew I wasn't going to be in this job long anyway (I have been here a year and a half and didn't expect it to last this long) and didn't know if I had the right to mess with a system that people were obviously ok with. I knew what I was getting into before I made that call and figured that I could take that bullet better than anyone else there since I wasn't planning on staying. Everything played out pretty much like I figured it would with the only exception being that the Dept of Labor did such a crappy job that the back pay for most of the guys was a fraction of what it should have been....and I am talking about tens of thousands of dollars short.
              – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                To be honest I questioned weather or not I should do it before hand and I still question it. I knew I wasn't going to be in this job long anyway (I have been here a year and a half and didn't expect it to last this long) and didn't know if I had the right to mess with a system that people were obviously ok with. I knew what I was getting into before I made that call and figured that I could take that bullet better than anyone else there since I wasn't planning on staying. Everything played out pretty much like I figured it would with the only exception being that the Dept of Labor did such a crappy job that the back pay for most of the guys was a fraction of what it should have been....and I am talking about tens of thousands of dollars short.
                You stood up and many times that's worth a lot more.
                2017:

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                  Well, the first interview turned out to be the only one I needed. They called and offered me a job the next day. I had another set up for today that I canceled. I am SO happy to get out of the company I work for now and this comes with a decent raise to boot.
                  Congrats on the new gig!

Comment

Talking to the wife about maybe hitting the trail for this weekend. Last day at this job is Friday (unless I can talk my way out of it) and I start the new one Monday. I think camping would be a great break in between.
                    – E. B. White

Comment

You did a great job so far. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X