March april camping trip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March april camping trip.

This past weekend we made one of our big trips up north. We had planned to go a little further north, but due to weather conditions, didn't go quite as far. We had planned to camp in the Forrest lakes area of Arizona (Near Heber Az) but the weather service was showing night time temperatures in the high 20's. We settled on Payson Arizona, as the weather service was calling for low 40's. Friday was quite cold when we got to our site, and only got colder as the day went on. We all got to experience a first while camping. IT SNOWED! Not enough to turn the ground white, but enough to excite us all. We setup camp as usual, all of us being over prepared and lugging everything BUT the kitchen sink. Friday night brought temperatures in the low 20's! The rest of the weekend was quite a bit warmer!

Friday evening we got my smoker fired up and loaded it with two 11 lb briskets, to be eaten on Saturday. Friday night we fried 20lbs of chicken wings. We eat good when camping!
    Overall it was a beautiful,relaxing weekend, with two of my 3 best friends and their families. Looking forward to the next trip in a couple months.
    Attached Files

Re: March april camping trip.

My middle son on the left and my best friends youngest. The fatty in the camo would be yours truly.
    Attached Files

Comment

more
      Attached Files

Comment

My oldest
        Attached Files

Comment

Dang, I always forget to bring the ladder!
          2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
            Dang, I always forget to bring the ladder!
            :he::he: I always bring one to help tie tarps to the trees.

Comment

Originally posted by kmaysob View Post
              :he::he: I always bring one to help tie tarps to the trees.
              Have you considered a scissor lift? :yipi:
              2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

I had, but I didn't want to smash my water jugs setting it on top.:biggrin:

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
                Have you considered a scissor lift? :yipi:

Comment

Looks like everyone had a great time. I so look forward to the beginning of camping season.

Comment

Those pictures actually make me want to go camping with family and friends.
                    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                    – E. B. White

Comment

Cute (hard working?!) kids mugging adorably for the camera. Check
                      Enough gear to get a good start on the Zombie Apocalypse. Check
                      Rum and other delectable potables. Check check.
                      Trade ladder for kit sink on my end and we are alllll good :glasses:
                      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                        Those pictures actually make me want to go camping with family and friends.
                        This one is for you, bud:

Muah!

PS........can youse tell I've pretty much finished all my bulk cooking and am now making play lists fer camping ? LOL
                        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Sounds like you had one heck of a trip & the youngsters will remember that for the rest of their lives.....I know I did. Kudos to you for giving your children the opportunity to experience the great outdoors !!
                          2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

Reminds me of our reunion camp trips. Really fun pics. Thank you for sharing.
                            2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
                            Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                            Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                            Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Just a tad late to the party here, but those pictures remind me of my gang. Tents, popups, lots o' people, lots o' gear, lots o' food and l really like the alcohol table. If I wasn't in the market for a camper, I'm pretty sure I'd be at the Tractor Supply soon, buying a trailer to make the hauling easier. That looks just too easy!

Comment

Working...
                              X