Need collapsible water jug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need collapsible water jug

Like others I tried collapsible jugs/water cubes etc.; without luck, and more than a little leakage...
    ...used, coated interior, French, steel, wine tins (dated 1957, still smelled like wine when I got them) for years (maybe decades) found GI (Scepter) jugs and have had no urge to go back and re-try the cheapies; so I can't really be much help there...

... I use the next size smaller collapsible bowl/basin as a sink sometimes... works well!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Happy Joe; 04-06-2017, 08:29 AM.
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortpants View Post
      Ditto everyone else on never finding a collapsible water container that was worth it, leaky, messy things! I have a hard container for cooking/cleaning/drinking, but also have a solar shower for hand washing, rinsing off muddy kids, etc. I found when they used the regular water container for hand washing, we went through water a lot faster (thus more trips for refills), and it created a mud puddle near the picnic table/lean to/cooking area. With the solar shower I can set up a hand wash/rinse off area in a tree on the edge of the site and keep the kids from making a mud bog right in the middle of the site. Bonus that the solar shower folds up so tiny for packing too.
      Boy, do I feel foolish - I already have a compact shower, but never gave a thought to using it as my main water source!! This would work fine. (Old age ?!? LOL)
      Attached Files
      Hope to camp in my new Columbia Fall River 8 Instant Tent in 2017

Comment

... Senior moment?...
        Get them regularly; and more often...

Enjoy!
        2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
        For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
        Ground tents work best for me, so far.
        Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

I also struggle with fitting all my gear in my smaller car. I have two of the narrow drink containers that I use. They're meant to be used in a fridge, but have wide mouths and the spouts come off easily for cleaning. I got them at the dollar store and hold about two gallons each. Haven't leaked yet.

Comment

Reused laundry jugs sound like a good idea. Dark colored ones would warm up setting in the sun and you would have warm water for hand washing!
            Dale Ann W

Comment

Working...
            X