New build, a standrop....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New build, a standrop....

Really nice build , you must be a finish carpenter by trade ? after reading your
    thread I am truly inspired to build a 4 foot high interior camper , so happens I
    have a 5 x 10 utility trailer with air shocks that I built 15 years ago that just sits
    because I only my 2 axel utility when needed , It will be a fun project , have all
    the materials except the plywood .

Comment

Well the summer got away from me. I've made some progress on my build and will take it out next week for a trial run. It is not finished, but campable I hope. I have ordered a gear hinge to replace the aluminum piano hinge I started with. The bump out slides out and locks and the lid drops down and is held tight with draw clamps.

Comment

I forgot to show the galley. It need gas shocks yet and shelves finished. The only picture I could find was before the hatch was on. You get the idea.

Comment

That is insane awesome.
          “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
          – E. B. White

Comment

Thanks James, I am looking forward to using it!

Comment

Originally posted by bluestar99 View Post
              Thanks James, I am looking forward to using it!
              Pics of course.
              “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
              – E. B. White

Comment

It really looks great! Well done Bluestar. Please do post some pics of it out on it's shakedown trip all outfitted and an update of how it went.
                2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
                Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a65hoosier View Post
                  It really looks great! Well done Bluestar. Please do post some pics of it out on it's shakedown trip all outfitted and an update of how it went.
                  Thanks, I will post how it worked out on the first trip.

Comment

Well I have just about finished the Standrop. Today I changed the hinge on the bump out to a hurricane hings and that solved my worry about leaks there. Took the trailer to a self service car wash and gave it a good high pressure water test and it did fine. No leaks. Into the barn it went till the Spring, unless time and weather allow me to get away and go south in the winter. Here are some final pictures. The galley still needs gas props and the shelves finished. But it is usable.

Comment

I can only post 4 pictures at a time, so two posts.

Comment

nice job,
                        thats probably one of the nicest custom mini's i have seen

Comment

You gots mad skills, bluestar. Well done!

Comment

Sweet!!
                            “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

That is amazing. Great job.
                              – E. B. White

Comment

I think we need to setup a group discount and have you build one for each of us... :yipi:
                                “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Working...
                                X