I Have to Get Out...Again James.'s Avatar
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Default Re: Found a small table...

You guys have convinced me. I need to have some sort of table to have next to my camp chair....maybe a big rock.
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

2. Likes Denni2 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Problem with the big rock is that it's never in the right place. And then there's the problem with the rattler that lives under the big rock...

I did just pick up this table: https://www.amazon.com/Tabletote-Por...computer+table

I'm going to give it a try inside the clipper when we're crashed on the sofa. It should hold my drink, snack, etc., while I read.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

4. Likes Denni2 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

On a more primitive level square cut sections of log (standing with the flat surface top and bottom) have been used successfully as both stools and tables (need to carry a chainsaw and watch out for pitch/resin though).
    Rocks are usually uncomfortable and round (first beer balances OK but later there is an increasing danger of alcohol abuse/spillage).

Enjoy!

(edit); like button stopped working for me...
    Last edited by Happy Joe; 04-20-2017 at 08:07 AM.
    Old, well set up, CJ-7, lockers, 4:1 Tcase, gears, 35s, winch... for the far places...
    For "civilized" camping/glamping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; MTs and lockers soon.
    Usually hauling a 9x9 dome, a 10x10 (advertised) standing room, or a 12x12 alaknak tent (which one is length of stay dependent).
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Joe View Post
    On a more primitive level square cut sections of log (standing with the flat surface top and bottom) have been used successfully as both stools and tables (need to carry a chainsaw and watch out for pitch/resin though).
    Rocks are usually uncomfortable and round (first beer balances OK but later there is an increasing danger of alcohol abuse/spillage).

Enjoy!

(edit); like button stopped working for me...
    Look, if you don't want to 'like' people's posts just don't 'like' them. No need to make excuses.

“I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James. View Post
    You guys have convinced me. I need to have some sort of table to have next to my camp chair....maybe a big rock.
    A big flat rock...but maybe in yer neck of the woods that would place you in a run off area...
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCgrrl View Post
    A big flat rock...but maybe in yer neck of the woods that would place you in a run off area...
    I live in the middle of the desert. What's runoff?
    – E. B. White

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James. View Post
    I live in the middle of the desert. What's runoff?
    ...where the 5th beer goes after the can doesn't balance on the rock any more...
    ...what the packrat did after stealing that dropped candy wrapper... (folks in civilized areas likely have not seen this)...

(is anyone else having issues with the Like button or is it just my machine?.. possibly Java...)
    (Edit; properties on these buttons says Protocol: protocol unknown... Properties on the reputation button shows Protocol: HyperText Transfer Protocol).

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Happy Joe; 04-21-2017 at 08:04 AM.
    Old, well set up, CJ-7, lockers, 4:1 Tcase, gears, 35s, winch... for the far places...
    For "civilized" camping/glamping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; MTs and lockers soon.
    Usually hauling a 9x9 dome, a 10x10 (advertised) standing room, or a 12x12 alaknak tent (which one is length of stay dependent).
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

10. Likes James. liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Joe View Post
    ...where the 5th beer goes after the can doesn't balance on the rock any more...
    ...what the packrat did after stealing that dropped candy wrapper... (folks in civilized areas likely have not seen this)...

(is anyone else having issues with the Like button or is it just my machine?.. possibly Java...)
    (Edit; properties on these buttons says Protocol: protocol unknown... Properties on the reputation button shows Protocol: HyperText Transfer Protocol).

Enjoy!
    Like button works for me.
    – E. B. White

12. Likes toedtoes liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Works for me too.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Still doesn't for me ... maybe its my protection soft ware...

Enjoy!

Thread Information