Be careful out there on the trails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful out there on the trails

This was rather disturbing to read. Certainly hope it is not a trend - "SYLVA, N.C. - The 1,100-acre Pinnacle Park west of Asheville remains closed after a runner's foot was impaled by a nail purposely placed on a popular trail that leads to the Black Rock Summit."

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/n...f67854888c1d18
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Re: Be careful out there on the trails

:surprised:
    There are just too many sickos out there.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I love humanity - it's the people I can't stand.

Comment

By closing the area; the a**hat wins... and closing encourages copycats.
        What's the big deal? Stepping on a rusty nail is no biggie (done it several times) make certain tetanus shots are up to date (yearly), make sure the nail hole bleeds some to try and clean out the wound, apply some providone-iodine and stop/slow the leak with a band aid then Keep-On-Truckin'...

Enjoy!
        Last edited by Happy Joe; 02-25-2017, 07:55 AM.
        2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
        For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
        Ground tents work best for me, so far.
        Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
          I love humanity - it's the people I can't stand.
          Yep. It's a sad thing when people screw up humanity.
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

This is not the first time I have heard about this. I don't know if it is an old story or it happened again but I know I have heard about this sort of thing before.
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/05/18...untain-bikers/

http://www.krdo.com/news/local-news/...rails/34901049

http://www.vaildaily.com/news/nails-...ont-retaliate/

Should be noted that all of the above old stories but...

Holy crap, WTF Colorado!?!?
              “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
              – E. B. White

Comment

Having been almost run down/hit by; unthinking/uncaring Idjuts on motorcycles, quads and bicycles; multiple times, while hiking. I can understand the impulse; but not the action.

Enjoy!
                Last edited by Happy Joe; 02-25-2017, 08:16 AM.
                2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Joe View Post
                  Having been almost run down/hit by; unthinking/uncaring Idjuts on motorcycles, quads and bicycles; multiple times, while hiking. I can understand the impulse; but not the action.

Enjoy!
                  I totally get the impulse too. But to put it in action...especially the way it was done is insanity.
                  – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
                  X