Camping Action Vs. Camping Slothdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camping Action Vs. Camping Slothdom

Camping for us is actually action/slothdom. With my 12 hour rotating shift work schedule the wife & I have only 4 days off together per month. That's if I'm lucky enough to not have to work overtime on any of those 4 days off together. Simply spending quality time together is at the top of the list. Naturally we want to relax, but we also want to enjoy the ATV's/UTV that our years of hard work have let us afford. When we get set up at a site the first thing we do is get more than enough firewood to last the entire outing. We're always camped close to a stream/river/lake, so there is plenty of fishing to do. Lots of mountain lakes to ride ATV's/UTV into for even more fishing & breathtaking scenery. We also spend time exploring many of the numerous old ghost towns & mines in the area. Endless amount of activities to keep us busy during the day should we choose. The nights however are for pure relaxation. Sitting around the campfire, stargazing & having a few beverages rounds out the day. On the other hand, if we're out for 14 days of vacation, there's usually a day or two of doing absolutely nothing but working on the tan & drinking some beers !!
    2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

Working...
    X