Happy New Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone. I hope 2017 is a good one and full of time spent outdoors.
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Re: Happy New Year

X2...

Enjoy!
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Looking forward to new frontiers...I'm gonna venture in the westerly direction for a change.
      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

For you and yours as well!
        2017 will be full of changes for us and I hope the man and I are up to the challenges.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

been outa commission for some time, no camping last year - elderly parents out of state and I had to be there often. Mother died but she had no quality of life. Hope this is a very Happy New Year for all Campers, and may we all be blessed with Security and hopefully some great weather. Currently looking around for campgrounds and when open. Hate to admit it but am looking very much forward to new sleeping bag !!!

Comment

Originally posted by noelectricplease View Post
            been outa commission for some time, no camping last year - elderly parents out of state and I had to be there often. Mother died but she had no quality of life. Hope this is a very Happy New Year for all Campers, and may we all be blessed with Security and hopefully some great weather. Currently looking around for campgrounds and when open. Hate to admit it but am looking very much forward to new sleeping bag !!!
            ((noelectricplease))
            Nothing wrong with a new sleeping bag especially if it helps you get your "groove" back.
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by noelectricplease View Post
              Sorry to hear about your loss. Sometimes the end is more of a release than an end. I hope you are able to make up for the time lost last year with extra camping trips this year.
              “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
              – E. B. White

Comment

Got one ! New bag - not too too serious of a bag, But I take it to visits and use it there too. Coleman Heaton Peak, 50 degree big and tall. Am only 5.4 and 140 lbs., but I like to move around in bag. Shock - there's a little pocket built in inside for cell phone or such !!! Next thing u know there will be all but the kitchen sink built in. Have a sister that has all the mummy bags and such I can borrow for other trips with more serious weather. I hate it when my feet hit the bottom and have to curl up a little. We camped once in WY just off the green river with little sleep bag heaters thrown in bottom and wore hats and were very comfy - was freezing and 30 mph winds all nite. Slept well.

Comment

Working...
                X