Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the top "visited"campground on the US National Forest Campground Guide websit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the top "visited"campground on the US National Forest Campground Guide websit

I received this in a newsletter ...................

One of the top "visited"campground on the US National Forest Campground Guide website, and a great place to escape the misery of winter, is Ocala National Forest's Alexander Springs campground. It is easy to understand the reason. It is in central Florida where chilly weather makes the national news and Alexander Springs is a major recreation area. The campground is located in a lush forest dominated by pine, oak and Sable Palms. With 65 campsites, Alexander Springs is one of Ocala NF's larger campgrounds. It has an rv dump, hot showers, flush toilets, fishing, swim beach and more. In our opinion, the actual Alexander Springs is a great example of the beauty of nature and the outdoors. The Springs forms a 200-foot wide pool at the head of Alexander Creek. Water flows from a huge opening in the bottom of the pool at an average rate of 80 million gallons a day and is in a shallow enough area that the "boiling effect" can easily be seen from the surface. Incredible! And there is a 7-mile canoe trail (canoes are available for rent), scuba diving is available for certified divers, and there are some outstanding hiking trails with trailheads in the campground. Examples of these trails are the Timucuan Indian Trail (1.1-mile), Paisley Woods Bike Trail (22-miles), and a connector trail providing access to the 1,400-mile Florida National Scenic Trail. It is little wonder Alexander Springs campground is so popular.

http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/southern/ocal.htm
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times
Working...
X