Who else is enjoying fall camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else is enjoying fall camping?

Nights in the 40's, days in the 60's, beautiful scenery, and the special tang of a campfire - fall camping is great.
    Attached Files
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Re: Who else is enjoying fall camping?

Usually not me...
    Snow on the mountains, often winter driving conditions, sudden drops of snow deep enough that street tires (all terrains) and 4wd could easily not be able to make it out.
    Guaranteed nights below freezing...Brrrrr....
    Definitely a young folks sport...

...afraid that I have become a fair weather camper in my dotage...

Enjoy!
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Enjoyed it for 9 days here in AL/MS...nice break from the heat.
      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Still waiting for fall in Arizona
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Went back to the same area in SE Ohio, but a different campground for another great fall weekend of camping and fishing.

Got down to the low 30's at night and the propane heater in the travel trailer worked like a champ to keep us warm.
          Attached Files
          - Laura
          Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X