Sleep for heavier folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep for heavier folks

Okay, my full size double decker air mattress has bit the dust, mere weeks after my replacement warranty expires (doesn't it always happen like that?)

I am 230lbs or so, partner is 6-01 and 340lbs. Don't mind pushing two cots together. He is a fan of creature comforts, so the more comfortable it is the better. I'll be saving up for it and buying in the spring, so cost isn't necessarily an issue for the right product.

Tent is tall and large (REI Kingdom 6) so taller cots or air mattress would be good, he has bad knees and getting up off the ground is not easy.

Thanks!
    Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
    Nights under the stars:
    2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
    2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Re: Sleep for heavier folks

We have used the Teton XXL Cots, and matching Teton XXL Cot Pads. I slept great on it, my wife says she slept well on the one she used also. I'm 5'11" and 320 lbs, so not much difference between and him.

These things are big though. We have a Eureka Tetragon 1012 Tent, which is a 10' x 12' dome tent. Getting the cots to fit in the footprint wasn't too tough, but due to the sloping sides of the tent it was a big tough to get them in just right so they didn't hit the sides of the tent. I looked at some pictures of the REI Kingdom 6 Tent online, but I can't tell if it would be tough to get those in there as well. It's the height of the cots that caused the issue, they were just a but under two feet off the ground. Great for getting in and out of easily, terrible for a tent with sloping sides.

If we had a Cabin Tent with more straight up and down sides, we would purchase our own instead of borrowing them.

Comment

I use a Coleman Ridgeline 2 cot with spring tension, but I have been eying this cot at Sportsman Guide for my husband:
      http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...city?a=1913794
      - Laura
      Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

They don't sell them as singles, but if you get in touch with the Disc-O-Bed people, they might be able to find a way for you to buy the bottom cots from the larger size bunk beds. I contacted them a couple of years ago when I was looking for a new cot and I'm pretty sure I recall them saying they had some demo models they could sell. I decided on something different, but it was nice to know I had the option.

Comment

Working...
        X