Who is your NFL team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who is your NFL team?

The Bears....I lost a lot of respect for the NFL players that knelt during the National Anthem. No Bears knelt did last season. Should they this year I will stop watching them. I love football, but I watch it for entertainment and not political protesting.

Comment

Originally posted by bluestar99 View Post
      The Bears....I lost a lot of respect for the NFL players that knelt during the National Anthem. No Bears knelt did last season. Should they this year I will stop watching them. I love football, but I watch it for entertainment and not political protesting.
      I was interviewed for the local news before a game last season:

Reporter: What what do you want to see from the players before the game?
      Me: I want to see them preparing to win
      Reporter: No, I mean as far as the national anthem
      Me: I know what you meant and I really don't care what they do. I would prefer that they stand but it isn't against the rule for them to kneel. I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion by the media because it really isn't that big a deal either way.
      Reporter: Oh, um, ok.

Didn't make the news.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

I was born in Minnesota, but I'm not a Vikings fan.
        I grew up in Michigan, but I'm not a Lions fan.
        I've lived in Indiana, Kansas and Arizona, but never became a fan of those teams either.
        I now live in Wisconsin.

These Packer fans here are CRaZy!! I just couldn't believe these people would schedule their church events around the football schedule (was it an earlier game or a later game). They would wear their jerseys to church! Fans decorate entire sections of their house with green & yellow. What a weird color combination! People even have lawn ornaments and blow up lawn figurines! They actually pay money for these things!

AND then there was their quarterback with this hard to pronounce weird last name Favre. Or is it Farve. I still don't care. This grandpa would throw interceptions left and right. The team was losing games and yet everyone would stick up for this wrinkly old second-rate flip flopper who couldn't decide to retire or not retire. The evening news would be filled every night with the drama this queen created! Yikes!

Then something happened...... I started running and became a member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. I saw a video on Drew Brees and how his move to New Orleans was truly inspired by God and then IT happened. I saw a video about this back up quarterback who read his bible daily. This long haired California hippie named Aaron Rodgers.

Then the Packers let that Brett guy go and stood up for Aaron. I paid attention. I started learning about the Packers organization and traditions. How unique that this team in tiny Green Bay Wisconsin (only 100,000 people) packs the stadium with every game, doesn't have rich owners but many many tiny ones. It remains the ONLY publicly owned team among the major professional sports. While other teams build new stadiums, Lambeau has remained the team's only stadium since 1957 - that's over 50 years! Gotta love the longest rivalry in the NFL (Packers vs. Bears) and the Packers are willing that battle. (The waiting list for season tickets is the longest with more than 100,000 names. That's about a 30 year wait list and it's common to put a baby's name on the list.)
        And if you ever want to have a great read, then learn about Vince Lombardi. Oh, and also, they win games! 5 times at the Super Bowl and 4 wins. The Pack also is the only team to win three consecutive championships - and did it twice! (1929 - 1931 and 1965 - 1967). And the Packers have won the most championship with 13 total (9 pre-merger and 4 Super Bowls).

So, yeah, those Cheeseheads got me! I now will wear my jersey to church. I go hammock camping where I know I can catch the game at a local bar. I love the poop outta that Aaron Rodgers kid and hope THIS is the season we head back to the Super Bowl. (And yeah, I spent good money on that Packer gear to dress my cat!) They got me good.

Comment

I'm a diehard Redskins fan which is appropriate because they definitely seem to die hard a lot, but I think Rodgers is about the best QB in football today. (I don't count the cheaters in New England)

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
            I was interviewed for the local news before a game last season:

Reporter: What what do you want to see from the players before the game?
            Me: I want to see them preparing to win
            Reporter: No, I mean as far as the national anthem
            Me: I know what you meant and I really don't care what they do. I would prefer that they stand but it isn't against the rule for them to kneel. I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion by the media because it really isn't that big a deal either way.
            Reporter: Oh, um, ok.

Didn't make the news.
            I am not surprised they did not use your clip. When they asked the question they had an answer they were looking for. Yours didn't fit their narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by bluestar99 View Post
              I am not surprised they did not use your clip. When they asked the question they had an answer they were looking for. Yours didn't fit their narrative.
              Me either. We were joking about it after they left. Its ok. I have been on before and probably will again.
              “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
              – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
              X