Who is your NFL team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your NFL team?

I think most of you know that I am a Cardinals fan.....a HUGE Cardinals fan. Years ago my friend talked me into going to a game and I have been hooked ever since. Who do you guys root for and why?
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Re: Who is your NFL team?

Living in Maryland, most people would have figured I'd have been a Colts fan back in the day. My father was a diehard fan, complete with season tickets and him coming home with a sore throat after every home game. But I was never into football until I worked in Washington, DC, and found myself wrapped up in the Redskins party that seemed to go on every day of the week. I'm pretty sure that, at age 19, it was the 25¢ beer in all the bars that was hard to resist and got me hooked on football. So, way back in the Riggins and Rogers era, I became a Skins fan and never gave it up - even when the Browns got yanked out of Cleveland to become the Ravens. In fact, the way the Ravens fans are about the team, I refuse to give in. People actually getting depressed over a loss in a damn game is ridiculous to me. I guess that's good for me because, until last year, Skins fans haven't had much to cheer about. Anyway, maybe just to annoy the locals, I remain a dedicated fan of the Burgundy and Gold of D.C.

My camping buddies just love that banner!

Comment

Like you James, I'm a Cardinals fan. After yesterday it's even easier to be one.

I grew up a Packers fan (because my parents were from Wisconsin and my Dad was a fan). Once I moved to Phoenix, I decided to become a fan of the local teams....and have enjoyed that decision through good and bad.
      Nights camping in 2014: 18
      Nights camping in 2015: 24
      Nights camping in 2016: 20

North Face Tadpole 23 - Mountain Hardwear Casa 6 - Guide Gear 18x18 Teepee

Comment

What does "NFL" stand for?
        I'm clueless:out:.
        Last edited by NYCgrrl; 09-19-2016, 06:26 PM.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
          For the fans in Cleveland, and Baltimore years before that, it meant No Fan Loyalty. For the rest it's National Football League.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
            :tussor:
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaSportsman View Post
              Like you James, I'm a Cardinals fan. After yesterday it's even easier to be one.

I grew up a Packers fan (because my parents were from Wisconsin and my Dad was a fan). Once I moved to Phoenix, I decided to become a fan of the local teams....and have enjoyed that decision through good and bad.
              I commented to one of my friends yesterday that for years we didn't have a RB on the team.....now we have 3. Ever make it out to the games?
              – E. B. White

Comment

Washington for me - I was born in D.C.
                - Laura
                Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

The Maple Leafs of course! With the Senators falling in second.
                  “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by actad View Post
                    Washington for me - I was born in D.C.

Comment

its nice you can be so proud with cousins turning back into a pumpkin.
                      – E. B. White

Comment

Steelers. Growing up in Oklahoma most everyone is a Cowboys fan, and I think I may have been before I could decide for myself. There's actually a photo of me in my Cowboys pj's on Christmas morning. I just loved the Steelers back in the 70's with Mean Joe so I stick with them.

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                          its nice you can be so proud with cousins turning back into a pumpkin.
                          Hey - They beat the Ravens last week, the locals are pissed... so a good season so far.

Comment

Football season is upon us. I already got my tickets. Unfortunately the 2 preseason homes games are for the first and last ones. aka the most meaningless.
                            – E. B. White

Comment

For all the crap I had to take from the Ravens fans when RGIII fizzled out, I'm loving it now that the Ravens have him. I knew he wasn't going to last long and even called it - When he first started playing I said that all it would take was one good hit and the speed and scrambling he was known for would be history. Sure enough, he got hit and hit good. And I still remember thinking Shanahan should have been fired for keeping him in the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X