Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking unusual tent for unusual campout

Hello all,

I was looking for a tent to suit a specific outdoors event that myself and several friends attend. We go to a campground where a monthly roleplay event is held (effectively living a fictional character in a fictional setting for a weekend, but acting it out in realtime) and we need a good tent that can double as a small taproom/general store for the event. For this, I'm asking if there is anything out there that meets these specifications:

4 season tent
    Cabin tent if possible, room enough for average-height adults to stand upright
    Two or more rooms in said cabin tent
    Sleeping room for 6 people minimum, but since it will be serving as a fictional bar in a tent-city, room for 8 to 16 people would be desirable if possible.
    If one tent cannot meet all the other criteria and still fit 8 to 16 people, are there 6-person tents with doors at each end we could put door-to door to make one big tent?

I recognize that I may be asking for more than I know, and if there are any logistical reasons why this can't work (tent structure vs snow etc) please let me know. I'm asking here because I searched and had a hard time finding a tent that could meet all of these criteria including being a 4 season tent. This event happens every month, including winter months.

Alternative: Is there a way to add tarps or supports or something to make a 3 season tent into a 4 season tent?

Thank you for any feedback or suggested solutions to this inquiry.

-Teknobard357

Re: Seeking unusual tent for unusual campout

Have you looked into canvas tents?
    Kodiak, Springbar and Cabela's house brand come to mind.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
      Have you looked into canvas tents?
      Kodiak, Springbar and Cabela's house brand come to mind.
      Ya beat me to it. Depending on budget...the Cabelas Alaknak series might be a very good option, especially in winter by adding an optional stove/pipe. Tall sidewalls/ceiling height. The Alaknak comes in three sizes:

Click image for larger version

Name:	alaknak_06.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	70594

Link to site: http://www.cabelas.com/category/Alak.../153410580.uts

Also, as NYCgrrl recommended, check online and search for canvas tents...you'll see many options.
      2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
      Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
      Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
      Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teknobard357 View Post
        Hello all,

I was looking for a tent to suit a specific outdoors event that myself and several friends attend. We go to a campground where a monthly roleplay event is held (effectively living a fictional character in a fictional setting for a weekend, but acting it out in realtime) and we need a good tent that can double as a small taproom/general store for the event. For this, I'm asking if there is anything out there that meets these specifications:

4 season tent
        Cabin tent if possible, room enough for average-height adults to stand upright
        Two or more rooms in said cabin tent
        Sleeping room for 6 people minimum, but since it will be serving as a fictional bar in a tent-city, room for 8 to 16 people would be desirable if possible.
        If one tent cannot meet all the other criteria and still fit 8 to 16 people, are there 6-person tents with doors at each end we could put door-to door to make one big tent?

I recognize that I may be asking for more than I know, and if there are any logistical reasons why this can't work (tent structure vs snow etc) please let me know. I'm asking here because I searched and had a hard time finding a tent that could meet all of these criteria including being a 4 season tent. This event happens every month, including winter months.

Alternative: Is there a way to add tarps or supports or something to make a 3 season tent into a 4 season tent?

Thank you for any feedback or suggested solutions to this inquiry.

-Teknobard357
        I am dying to know more about this event.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Is this a renaissance type event?

http://www.medievalfantasiesco.com/M...m#Wall%20Tents
          Last edited by terasec; 07-27-2016, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Check out the list of tents here: http://tentsmiths.com/ Aside from the tons of period tents they offer, they also make custom just-about-anything-from canvas. Of course, you may have to sell a kidney to buy one, but that's a small price to pay for being the envy of the other role players.
            Last edited by MacGyver; 07-28-2016, 04:24 AM.

Comment

I hope you take some pics and share from the event. Sounds incredibly cool!

Comment

I was thinking maybe a military style wall tent, you can get 'em as surplus.
                2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Working...
                X