I wanna go camping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I wanna go camping!

NYCGrrl, Sorry your trip fell through. That looks like such a beautiful area to see the Perseid Meteor Shower. I hope it was spectacular! I got to see it early Friday morning before work. Even in the small city I live in with all the the light pollution, The meteor shower was well worth going to work with 3 hours sleep. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
      I've broken that rule before myself. Regretted it every time.
      I know. I am asking for trouble but its Monsoon (rainy) season here and I am hoping that it deters people from heading out of town. Plus, I am a dispersed camper anyway so I won't have the campground crowds. Also, the thought of an extra day out is like a siren call.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

I as well am a coleman collector...not as much as before but still have about 10 or so. Question...Im new here, but how come when i post a thread it doesnt show up?

Comment

Originally posted by Denni2 View Post
          NYCGrrl, Sorry your trip fell through. That looks like such a beautiful area to see the Perseid Meteor Shower. I hope it was spectacular! I got to see it early Friday morning before work. Even in the small city I live in with all the the light pollution, The meteor shower was well worth going to work with 3 hours sleep. Lol.
          Light pollution was less but still there:(; next year I'm heading to a upstate park and having done with compromises.
          Had a great time last night but in a city kind of way. NYPD stopped by to see what we were about but thank goodness we looked like pillars of the community fer a change o pace, LOL. Even got one of the cops to drop the normal impassive faces they wear at work and join in singing "Starman". Took the Princess with us and think this will be a lifelong memorable moment for her.

Originally posted by James. View Post
          I know. I am asking for trouble but its Monsoon (rainy) season here and I am hoping that it deters people from heading out of town. Plus, I am a dispersed camper anyway so I won't have the campground crowds. Also, the thought of an extra day out is like a siren call.
          Go ahead and just do it:glasses:
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by BluegrassLady View Post
            I got to go the last week in June-4th at a bluegrass festival but came home a day early due to rain. Had the granddaughter with me to help pack up. Then a trip to Utah to a business conference and extended tour to Zion farther south. That wasn't camping but sure was nice. I've mowed around the burner tent at the pond on the home place most every week but haven't gotten to stay since June. I think this weekend sounds promising though! Another bluegrass festival planned for Labor day weekend to camp! Yeah!
            Hope you got to get out and about this weekend!.
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

NYCgrrl, I did camp last Friday night and even though a bit warm and cloudy I woke up at 4 a.m. and looked out the window by my bed and the stars just filled the sky full! Clouds had gone away and was very nice. Made my breakfast over the open fire and enjoyed the duck that flew in on the pond. Ahhhh (sigh) life is good!

Comment

To all the people posting about your camping trips

:na:

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                  To all the people posting about your camping trips

:na:
                  +1
                  “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                  – E. B. White

Comment

+1
                    +2
                    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I am still trying. I might have to break my rule about going on holiday weekends and do Labor Day weekend. Where did you end up going?
                      We went up by forest lakes campground. Never been to that area.

Comment

Originally posted by kmaysob View Post
                        We went up by forest lakes campground. Never been to that area.
                        I have never been there. The one time I went to that part of the state we were over by Alpine. I will say that the drive up there is amazing and I told my wife that I would love to find a good spot around the Salt River Canyon.
                        – E. B. White

Comment

Hi, i like your page very much!

Comment

Would it be alright to ask about how to start camping here, or is that another thread? Because reading everything you guys get up to has put a bit of a bug in me.

Comment

8 days and counting down; until labor day weekend.

Enjoy!
                              2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                              For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                              Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                              Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Joe View Post
                                8 days and counting down; until labor day weekend.

Enjoy!
                                I took next Friday off from work to make it a 4 day trip.....I'm so excited but I still have a bunch of stuff to get done before I go.
                                – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
                                X