I wanna go camping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I wanna go camping!

I just have to make it through next week.
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

2 more days! We just have 2 more days and we will be heading up late to stay over in a hotel and get an early start on our mountain adventures. It can't come soon enough. Extra complications with the spouse's work and he's expected back from Japan earlier then expected but now I'm stressed about that. None stop work for me the past few weeks during the busy season. Need to get out, camp, hike and swim!

Comment

Originally posted by CecilliaB View Post
        2 more days! We just have 2 more days and we will be heading up late to stay over in a hotel and get an early start on our mountain adventures. It can't come soon enough. Extra complications with the spouse's work and he's expected back from Japan earlier then expected but now I'm stressed about that. None stop work for me the past few weeks during the busy season. Need to get out, camp, hike and swim!
        Hold strong! I might have to push my trip back or *gasp* cancel it altogether. So I might have to live vicariously through you. Hold strong. You can do it!
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Comment

I just have to get through a few days next week and I'm gone! Calling for rain all weekend. Hopefully it's on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by kmaysob View Post
              I just have to get through a few days next week and I'm gone! Calling for rain all weekend. Hopefully it's on and off.
              On the bright side this storm just dropped the temp over 20 degrees.
              – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                Yep, I'm thinking of venturing out mid-September. Too hot in NC right now!

Comment

Made it out this last weekend. Headed out Friday morning and got pounded with rain. All the camp sites were a muddy mess. I had been concerned with the fact that I was the only one with 4x4, but we never really needed it. In fact, 4-5 hours after the rain stopped, a buddy came plowing in to camp in this Toyota echo. Had such a good time, I pretty much forgot to take pictures.

The new flexbow was a huge difference in temperature. I ran the heater in the night, as low as I could get it, with several windows open down low and I was still too warm. Mama and the babies liked it.

Comment

I've got feelings of foreboding.
                    Back in March a group of us decided to celebrate David Bowie's life by camping out for a weekend and playing hellaciously loud music the entire time.
                    Statewide, CT, is having a budgetary issue and closed the campground we rented (Yes. We reserved EVERY campsite for the time frame:D. Oh but there were only maybe 20 sites). So we decided to relocate to some land one of the group owns upstate.

The weather report is looking weally messy for the weekend and people are dropping out like flies.
                    ArghhhhhhhhhhhGrrrrrrrrrrrBOohoooSniffles.
                    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Sounds like Max (Yasgur) sold the farm. It wasn't like this back in the day, lol. For 3 days they sang and played in the mud, PLEASE just stay off the towers during the thunderstorm, heheh.
                      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I got to go the last week in June-4th at a bluegrass festival but came home a day early due to rain. Had the granddaughter with me to help pack up. Then a trip to Utah to a business conference and extended tour to Zion farther south. That wasn't camping but sure was nice. I've mowed around the burner tent at the pond on the home place most every week but haven't gotten to stay since June. I think this weekend sounds promising though! Another bluegrass festival planned for Labor day weekend to camp! Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by kmaysob View Post
                          Made it out this last weekend. Headed out Friday morning and got pounded with rain. All the camp sites were a muddy mess. I had been concerned with the fact that I was the only one with 4x4, but we never really needed it. In fact, 4-5 hours after the rain stopped, a buddy came plowing in to camp in this Toyota echo. Had such a good time, I pretty much forgot to take pictures.

The new flexbow was a huge difference in temperature. I ran the heater in the night, as low as I could get it, with several windows open down low and I was still too warm. Mama and the babies liked it.
                          I am still trying. I might have to break my rule about going on holiday weekends and do Labor Day weekend. Where did you end up going?
                          – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                            I've got feelings of foreboding.
                            Back in March a group of us decided to celebrate David Bowie's life by camping out for a weekend and playing hellaciously loud music the entire time.
                            Statewide, CT, is having a budgetary issue and closed the campground we rented (Yes. We reserved EVERY campsite for the time frame:D. Oh but there were only maybe 20 sites). So we decided to relocate to some land one of the group owns upstate.

The weather report is looking weally messy for the weekend and people are dropping out like flies.
                            ArghhhhhhhhhhhGrrrrrrrrrrrBOohoooSniffles.
                            Better off without them.
                            – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                              I might have to break my rule about going on holiday weekends and do Labor Day weekend.
                              I've broken that rule before myself. Regretted it every time.

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                                Better off without them.
                                Plans changed and maybe for the better all things considered. The upstate site was under a flood warning and no one felt like chancing it.
                                2 couples are on their way upstairs and we'll wait another hour or so for others to arrive. Going to raid the kitchen (Alright. It's me; everything is already prepped, lol), pack some liquid libations and drive/subway/bus up to the Cloisters/Ft Tyron to view the Perseid meteor shower. Everyone has downloaded a playlist of Bowie tunes, a few have acoustic guitars and wind instruments for an extra layer to drown out those who hum/sing off key (that would be me w/ the bad humming. Oops), some blankets, an air mattress or 4 and we'll pretend we are camping under the stars outside a medieval fort.
                                If you've never been to this area of NYC here's a few images:

https://www.google.com/search?q=fort...UIBygC#imgrc=_

It's not true camping but hey this is NYC. Whadda ya want?
                                Definitely worth visiting should you ever make it this way:glasses:.
                                Last edited by NYCgrrl; 08-13-2016, 01:50 AM.
                                2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                                Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
                                X