I wanna go camping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna go camping!

...and I won't be able to go until Fall.

This sucks!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled forum, already in progress.

Re: I wanna go camping!

I feel you...well, actually I don't. I have decided that I am headed back out in 2 or 3 weeks. I DO empathise with you though.
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

Ugh, that stinks! That's how I felt last season, but I was able to sneak in a couple last minute camping trips, thank goodness.

Only two trips planned for this year and I wish we had more. The girls and I would camp every weekend if we could! Might have to pup the tent in the backyard to get our fix! LOL!
      Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
        ...and I won't be able to go until Fall.

This sucks!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled forum, already in progress.
        Not sure if I'm going to feel some pain or not: I have a camp trip scheduled in 2 weeks with my son and 2 of his friends to celebrate my son's 12th birthday (no Chuck E Cheese parties for us!). Lots of work....hopefully lots of fun.

But I have to ask "Mac G" - why no camping til fall? Although I can understand skipping summer camping if personal choice (it's my least favorite time to be out amongst the hoard of fellow campers-but I still do a few trips this time of year). If it's due to work...yea, then having to wait til fall to get out is...painful. :(
        2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
        Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
        Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
        Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a65hoosier View Post
          But I have to ask "Mac G" - why no camping til fall? Although I can understand skipping summer camping if personal choice (it's my least favorite time to be out amongst the hoard of fellow campers-but I still do a few trips this time of year). If it's due to work...yea, then having to wait til fall to get out is...painful. :(
          It's both - the busy season at work and a severe disdain for sweaty, dirty and buggy summer trips. Normally by now I wouldn't be chomping at the bit so much. It's just extra painful at the moment because the weather has been uncharacteristically cool for this time of year.

Comment

Hopefully it will all work out.
            I feel for you; for us its been a combination of random things popping up and family medical issues... There is always hope.

Enjoy!
            2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
            For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
            Ground tents work best for me, so far.
            Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

I'm with you! I have already planned a couple trips this summer and it doesn't feel like enough. It's boiling where we are and where we will camp will be much cooler and much more my idea of beautiful scenery. Plus I just need "simple time" lol

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                It's both - the busy season at work and a severe disdain for sweaty, dirty and buggy summer trips. Normally by now I wouldn't be chomping at the bit so much. It's just extra painful at the moment because the weather has been uncharacteristically cool for this time of year.
                Just the oppisite for me. A heat wave has kept me indoors. Otherwise I probably would have gone last week.
                “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                – E. B. White

Comment

I'm headed out next Friday morning for 2 nights with a group of Coleman Collectors. Then to the Bankhead National Forest for 4 possibly 5 more nights. I was in your situation last summer so I know the agony.

Comment

Originally posted by frank6160 View Post
                    I'm headed out next Friday morning for 2 nights with a group of Coleman Collectors. Then to the Bankhead National Forest for 4 possibly 5 more nights. I was in your situation last summer so I know the agony.
                    Coleman Collectors?
                    – E. B. White

Comment

MacGyver, I feel your pain. We hope to get out one weekend before our fall trip in September. We just have too many things to do around the house.

Comment

Originally posted by CecilliaB View Post
                        I'm with you! I have already planned a couple trips this summer and it doesn't feel like enough. It's boiling where we are and where we will camp will be much cooler and much more my idea of beautiful scenery. Plus I just need "simple time" lol
                        Thats the best part. Out of cell range with nothing on the schedule but what to eat for dinner.
                        – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                          Thats the best part. Out of cell range with nothing on the schedule but what to eat for dinner.
                          Yes, or knowing that at the end of a hike is a beautiful view or waterfall. My job requires me to be plugged in all the time. I literally leave town or I wont take time off and we all need that! This country is too beautiful not to get out and enjoy.

Comment

Haven't been out in far too long and don't know when I'll get out again... :cry:
                            “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

3 weeks to go and I'll be camping! I'll be coming off of being on call only to be on call again after I return . Atleast I will get a rest in between! Gotta get the flex bow setup in the yard and hose it down.

Comment

Working...
                              X