road trip ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: road trip ideas?

Roadside attractions for children along i95. They aren't in any order so keep that in mind:

Blue Heron Preserve Trail, SC - about 1/2 mile nature walk that could be a nice shake the bones out after hours on the highway. Near a place called Jasper's Porch. It's a regional franchise and I'd stick to menu items that are prepared simply...sounds like they over-bread.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I'd stay the first night at Chips Folly Family Campground as Paul's guests and have local Jersey corn and tomatoes, with dinner of clam dishes at Alans in New Gretna, and tour our "barrens" including Batsto (that corner by the Mullica you turn on is where the Mason Jar was invented). 2nd night a "shorty" for rest, souvenirs n' fireworks at South Of The Border in Dillon, S.C. (tell Pablo I sent ya') Then Tom's Cove at Chincoteague Island, Va. for oysters locally. Florida offers a tremendous amount of options (we have a place in the 'Glades), and others will offer ideas traveling West better than we can. Do take advantage of "Miami Street Food" (see YouTube), the Space Center at The Cape, and for God's sake, some "Miccosuckee Indian Alligator Wrestling" and an air boat ride (or two) before your trip back home.
      -Falls Church Va. native, 'Jersey Piney raised, 'Glades land owner...chiggers, ticks, mosquitos, snakes, bears, God's Country, brother! LOL. :money:
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I'll have to respectfully disagree about the airboats. IMO, and many I've spoken with, they are one of THE worst ways to see the Everglades. They make so much noise, most wildlife is scared away, and some argue they are destructive too. Best way to see the Glades IMO is by kayak or canoe (I could recommend a great guide I met by happenstance when I had to reschedule a dive due to wind, and needed something else to fill the day with), combined with walking some trails (Anhinga is a great start)

Comment

i have changed my route
          i now decided to stick closer to the diagonal direct route from NY to TX,
          first stop is Philly to visit a playground for the little one and some friends,
          then first night stop will be 4.5 hrs away in Shenendoah National park, not camping but will be staying in a rustic cabin there,
          will follow the blue ridge mountains down, and havent decided on my next stop there thinking 6 hrs down to knoxville TN area for next evening
          we will be leaving early july

Comment

Working...
          X