Cool DIY Micro/Bike Camper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool DIY Micro/Bike Camper!

Saw this today and I thought it was brilliant! Built with re-purposed stuff and only $150 worth of materials, it actually looks pretty cozy! I also really like his ideas for the design of the inside with the storage space, kitchen area and windows.

Check it out:

$150 bike camper: DIY micro mobile home (downloadable plans)
    Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Re: Cool DIY Micro/Bike Camper!

Very cleaver guy. Great use of materials, to keep it so light.

Comment

So many possibilities he's shown and I finally know what coroplast is "in the flesh". And I have some and dinna know what it was called, LOL.
      Didn't see or hear him say what the weight of the camper was and prolly would want a more secure though heavier base to sleep on. And more venting and windows especially since there is a cooking space.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I think he said 60LBS which is remarkable.

Comment

I did a little searching on this guy and he really goes to town with his imagination! Everything from other shelter designs to boats to trikes to survival gear to stoves and even has a Paint Can Evaporation Cooler under his misc! Pretty cool ideas. Also has plans available for some of his builds on his site.

Here's his homepage:

Elkins DIY

And his YouTube channel with lots of vids:

Paul Elkins YouTube
          Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
            prolly would want a more secure though heavier base to sleep on.
            I would agree
            Segment that showed the platform had too much give and flex
            Overall good concept though
            And am not sleeping with head n a bubble

Comment

This guy's a MacGyver and a half. I'm lovin' it!

I'd been looking to do stuff with Coroplast since a couple of years back when I'd seen homeless shelters were being made from the stuff. Unfortunately for me, the stuff is too expensive to buy commercially just to experiment with, and there aren't enough signs big enough around here to re-purpose.

Comment

Working...
              X