politics and the outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: politics and the outdoors

BD, I'd take a look at the cases Cruz won before the supreme court. Looks like a Constitutional Conservative to me.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
      While I am not a "single issue voter", and like the Great Outdoors, neither party is showing any real progress here. I have a few other critical issues driving my voting far more, and one party is absolutely anathema to those interests. The other party has shown no great desire to actually run any viable candidates (this election nor the last two), so I am now a staunch Independent Constitutional Conservative, and will vote for whoever I feel is working in the real interests of the majority of Americans, and myself. So far, neither party fills the bill.
      I will look at each candidate's (I call them "Contestants", as that is more accurate) actual voting record on various important issues, and make my selection accordingly. So far, I am singularly unimpressed.
      I found this website an interesting link to get past the personality and go straight to the policies:

http://www.isidewith.com/
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
        Perhaps TP should pass it on. Maybe his ex-boss could impart some meaning into the quote for him. Like being so sure that what he thinks is the truth to the point of never being open to the idea that it might not be true is being narrow-minded, dull, and yes, stupid.
        Or you should read more, like, a lot more. I would be more than willing to offer "scientific method", "interpreting scientific law" or anything you missed along the way, LOL.
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
          Or you should read more, like, a lot more. I would be more than willing to offer "scientific method", "interpreting scientific law" or anything you missed along the way, LOL.
          Quit being an ass.
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Quit being an ass.
            Last edited by MacGyver; 03-20-2016, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Quit being an ass.
              A-typical responses from those who can't "run with the big dogs". Always with the personal attacks and refusal to think or learn from anyone else - imagine the medicinal cures and treatments we would all have lost out on if everyone in my field thought this way.

Comment

A-typical responses from those who can't "run with the big dogs". Always with the personal attacks and refusal to think or learn from anyone else - imagine the medicinal cures and treatments we would all have lost out on if everyone in my field thought this way.

I wonder who you see when you look in the mirror?
                Just Bizzaro.
                2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

No it's called responding in a way that you can comprehend. But obviously it's too much for you so let's try this...

You're an egotistical arrogant jackass who thinks that having a "size 0" wife and a Harley makes up for having a head the size of a pin. It doesn't, you're still a pinhead.
                  “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                    I found this website an interesting link to get past the personality and go straight to the policies:

http://www.isidewith.com/
                    Interesting for entertainment purposes
                    I got gary johnson at top

Trump and sanders were close at like 8/9th spots

Comment

Originally posted by terasec View Post
                      Interesting for entertainment purposes
                      I got gary johnson at top

Trump and sanders were close at like 8/9th spots
                      Interesting dichotomy.
                      2017:

Comment

I've seen that link before terasec, it's still entertaining. Thanks to anyone else for validating my point with insults and name calling. It's always heartwarming from a researcher's point of view. Politics & religion never lose entertainment value.

Comment

I've seen that link before terasec, it's still entertaining. Thanks to anyone else for validating my point with insults and name calling. It's always heartwarming from a researcher's point of view. Politics & religion never lose entertainment value.
                          You have insulted and name called more than anyone else on this board.

You accuse everyone else of doing what you do on a daily basis. The fact is that everyone else on this forum can have civilized discussions. The only exception is YOU. YOU repeatedly insult new members, you attack older members and when you get called on it here, you go off to make sneak attacks at them on other forums.

You are a cyber bully who thinks he can push people around without repercussion. Well, you can't. The more you act like the bully the more I will call you on it. You are not God's gift to mankind - hell, you aren't God's gift to maggots.

Knock off your attitude and you won't have people "being mean" to you. If you continue to bully, then put on your big boy pants and accept the consequences.

Comment

You have insulted and name called more than anyone else on this board.

You accuse everyone else of doing what you do on a daily basis. The fact is that everyone else on this forum can have civilized discussions. The only exception is YOU. YOU repeatedly insult new members, you attack older members and when you get called on it here, you go off to make sneak attacks at them on other forums.

You are a cyber bully who thinks he can push people around without repercussion. Well, you can't. The more you act like the bully the more I will call you on it. You are not God's gift to mankind - hell, you aren't God's gift to maggots.

Knock off your attitude and you won't have people "being mean" to you. If you continue to bully, then put on your big boy pants and accept the consequences.
                            Why get upset over tp's regular antics?
                            I doubt he can control his perception of reality and behavior. Prolly constantly had teachers' comments on his grade school reports that said he had a hard time getting along with others.

Maybe it's a chemical imbalance and we should just feel sorry for him...........ironic when you think on it.
                            Last edited by NYCgrrl; 03-25-2016, 05:48 PM.
                            2017:

Comment

OK kids,, bedtime for ALL of you!
                              2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

:out:

https://youtu.be/0v-C_KcdoBs
                                2017:

Comment

Working...
                                X