Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: politics and the outdoors

^^^^^^
    Looks like someone revisited o brother....
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
      ^^^^^^
      Looks like someone revisited o brother....
      Not unusual for me and ya pegged me. Been listening to the soundtrack and similar music for the last week or so whilst bulk cooking.

A cybergrrl friend of mine who has been helping me out with the RV aspect of my life constantly sends me much appreciated Appalachian dulcimer music that I intersperse with more ....commercially known music. Can't wait to meet her in the flesh and have been burning Philly sound and Euro children's choir music to exchange with her.

If ya sing/play it, I'll listen.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
        You have insulted and name called more than anyone else on this board.

You accuse everyone else of doing what you do on a daily basis. The fact is that everyone else on this forum can have civilized discussions. The only exception is YOU. YOU repeatedly insult new members, you attack older members and when you get called on it here, you go off to make sneak attacks at them on other forums.

You are a cyber bully who thinks he can push people around without repercussion. Well, you can't. The more you act like the bully the more I will call you on it. You are not God's gift to mankind - hell, you aren't God's gift to maggots.

Knock off your attitude and you won't have people "being mean" to you. If you continue to bully, then put on your big boy pants and accept the consequences.

Note: The Ignore List is a wonderful tool. It allows us to "Avoid The Noid". He's been on mine for a few years now. :-)
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
          Note: The Ignore List is a wonderful tool. It allows us to "Avoid The Noid". He's been on mine for a few years now. :-)
          + 2 and a gold star on yer permanent record for UUUUUU!
          I've reached the point where a void of the noid in the convo is just as well.
          Last edited by NYCgrrl; 04-03-2016, 11:09 AM.
          2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Virtually everything in life is somehow politicized. Most states even have laws about what kind of intimacy consulting adult married couples can have in their own homes.

Politics, of course reached far, wide, and deep into the outdoors and probably for the better in many cases. If it had not been for Teddy Roosevelt and others like him, what we now know as Yellowstone National Park, Glacier National Park, the Grand Canyon, and most of our National Parks and forests would have signs around them saying, "PRIVATE PROPERTY. KEEP OUT" Most rivers and lakes would not have any public access.

Some states are more blessed than others with public land and public access to waterways. If you live in a land that had good political leaders with good vision for outdoor resources, you may very much appreciate this political action when you visit states with poor vision and limited public land to enjoy.

I am not the type of fellow who likes rules and I can get annoyed when I see signs with a long list of "Do Not" rules. However, it only takes a couple of buffoons to really do some major damage by doing stupid things that cause terrible damage to our natural resources. Often, common sense does not prevail when it comes to our natural resources and outdoor wonderland.

Politics sounds like dirty word and often it is, but it was the politicizing of our great outdoors that preserved our beautiful natural resources and keeps them available to the general public even today.
            Last edited by Mike; 04-05-2016, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Virtually everything in life is somehow politicized. Most states even have laws about what kind of intimacy consulting adult married couples can have in their own homes.

Politics, of course reached far, wide, and deep into the outdoors and probably for the better in many cases. If it had not been for Teddy Roosevelt and others like him, what we now know as Yellowstone National Park, Glacier National Park, the Grand Canyon, and most of our National Parks and forests would have signs around them saying, "PRIVATE PROPERTY. KEEP OUT" Most rivers and lakes would not have any public access.

Some states are more blessed than others with public land and public access to waterways. If you live in a land that had good political leaders with good vision for outdoor resources, you may very much appreciate this political action when you visit states with poor vision and limited public land to enjoy.

I am not the type of fellow who likes rules and I can get annoyed when I see signs with a long list of "Do Not" rules. However, it only takes a couple of buffoons to really do some major damage by doing stupid things that cause terrible damage to our natural resources. Often, common sense does not prevail when it comes to our natural resources and outdoor wonderland.

Politics sounds like dirty word and often it is, but it was the politicizing of our great outdoors that preserved our beautiful natural resources and keeps them available to the general public even today.
              Excellent post worthy of being quoted.
              2017:

Comment

I agree that the use of the "ignore" function is appropriate - some folks can't debate, consider natural mechanisms, understand the scientific method, do their own research, experiment and proof, or be open to things outside of their own narrow understanding of the world. For them, the "ignore" function would probably keep them content and happy...or you could always get a dog... :rofl:
                “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I personally believe that the root of many problems is the demise of our educational system; belief now often seems to take an equal or even superior role to fact. When fact should always trump belief, IMO.
                  Very often I encounter people that think they know what (they have been convinced/conditioned) to believe and are unwilling to be confused by fact (or even common sense/logic).
                  Belief often has little or no relationship to fact and has been, historically speaking, a major factor in much unpleasantness; wars, crusades, persecution, slavery.
                  Politics seems to be the practice and promotion of disinformation in a effort to sway the ill informed and weak minded non-thinkers.
                  ...so when something is politicized by true believers (of whatever ilk) friction is virtually certain with most convinced that their beliefs are the only way.

...just an opinion...

...but then there are trolls who take joy in raising the blood pressure of many by purposefully taking untenable positions, regardless of their actual beliefs or facts and not budging ... these populate ignore lists (haven't been disturbed by anyone here enough to make a list).

Enjoy!
                  Last edited by Happy Joe; 04-16-2016, 07:56 AM.
                  2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                  For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                  Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                  Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                    Why get upset over tp's regular antics?
                    I doubt he can control his perception of reality and behavior. Prolly constantly had teachers' comments on his grade school reports that said he had a hard time getting along with others.

Maybe it's a chemical imbalance and we should just feel sorry for him...........ironic when you think on it.
                    Haha! Love both of y'all telling it as it is. Me, I just put him in "the Pit" (ignore list). Keeps the stress level down, not reading the uneducated nonsense. Easier to concentrate on real issues of camping. "Avoid the Noid!"
                    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Ordered new bumper stickers for my travel trailer, boats, and vehicles. These are printed and shipped at cost.

https://store.altnps.org/official-al...-sticker-pack/

As of February 11th, Alt National Park Service has grown to 162 National Park Service employees, 29 State park employees, 19 National Forest Service employees, 4 EPA employees, 2 USDA employees, and 32 environmental scientists who are pledged to stand up against anyone who threatens our parks, environment, biodiversity, or planet.

Parks represented include Arches, Shenandoah, Yosemite, Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Blue Ridge Parkway, Everglades, and Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
                      - Laura
                      Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

I have to say I been a bit sidelined with all the other gob-smacking current events but need to order some for self as well.
                        They have a real "Smokey the Bear" design ethos.
                        2017:

Comment

It's OK, Kingquad, I still love ya good muahhhhhhh!:D.
                          2017:

Comment

Working...
                          X