Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping T-Shirt and Sweatshirts

Hi everyone,

My name is Matt McManus, and I am an 18 year old high school senior from New England. For the last nine summers, I’ve lived on Bear Island on Lake Winninpesaukee. Over the years, I’ve made some remarkable friendships and incredible memories. While living there, I essentially get to camp out with my best friends in the world for the entire summer. We spend our days lying out by the beach, climbing mountains, making campfires, and messing around in the water (canoes, kayaks, etc.). It’s a paradise.

The bonds we make camping out over the course of the summer are stronger than any others I’ve made in the “real world”, and I think that’s true for a lot of people that experience camping. So, we try to get together in the off-season as much as we can. Just a few weeks ago, a small group of us got together to climb Mt. Monadnock in the White Mountains, during a blizzard. It took us a long time and we had numerous close calls, but at the end of the day, we all agreed that it was the best experience of our lives.

We’re not like most people our age in that we much prefer being disconnected from the rest of the world, so we can better connect with what’s round us. Living on an island, we are isolated from most outside factors like cell phones and social media, and we wouldn't want it any other way.

But…we can’t keep going back to the island forever. There are a limited number of people that can spend their summers there. We are nearing the age that we must consider our other options. Some of us will have to take summer courses for school, others will have to do internships. Either way, we will eventually have to move on. I think this is one of the coolest parts is that very few people in its history have overstayed their welcome. Everyone understands that it is an incredibly special place, and that they must give up their spot to allow someone else the opportunity to experience the island. It creates a brotherhood of sorts.

…So, while bored during Christmas Break, a few of us got together and were just hanging out, and we came up with an idea to pay homage to the island that molded who we are…and so began the “Bear Island Company”. Essentially, we made a t-shirt company. I know, not the best, but it was something. We focused on creating apparel that focused on the simplicity of being outside and the activities that best allow us to enjoy them: running, hiking, mountain biking, and of course, camping.

It is a little unconventional for teenagers to be operating a business, but we are just as passionate as any business owner out there. I am not asking that you make a purchase, only that you check it out and see if you like it. If you do, let me know. If you don’t, please let me know also.

Here is the link: http://bearislandcompany.com

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and with every good wish, I am,
    -Matt McManus
    Attached Files

Re: Camping T-Shirt and Sweatshirts

Nice looking shirts!
    I hope your venture rewards you.
    Fwiw, one of my fav go to shirts for knocking around has always been baseball style, with the 'shorter' long sleeves backed up with a heavy flannel for evenings & morns.

Comment

i prefer tops for womens more in camping or cropped tees , i purchased my all camping gear from https://www.apparelshopusa.com/8-tops

Comment

Awesome T-shirts. I like

Comment

Working...
        X