Trip to cabelas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to cabelas.

Well I ordered a new cot from cabelas. It was one of their Alaskan guide models. Pretty nice and big, my exped mega mat barely fits on it. I am getting tired of sleeping on the ground and the storage will be nice as well. I had thought about dropping down to a 10x10 Kodiak canvas, but now I am not sure. Also picked a small table for the tent as well.
    Here is a link to the cot
    http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...C=cat104712480

Link to the table
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/campi..._SEQ_553898880
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: Trip to cabelas.

Nice cot and table. I just picked up a discontinued version of that table at Walmart - someone must have brought it back as an unwanted Christmas gift. I think you will really enjoy the cot.
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

I have noticed that I am starting to get a lot of crap that says cabelas on it. I would like to have one of the camp kitchens.

Comment

I have the deluxe model of the camp kitchen. I do like it, but it is very bulky and takes up a lot of room in my car.

If you want to do a lot of upscale camp cooking, it is great. I stopped using it after a few years because I decided to simplify my cooking to spend more time hiking. Although I do miss having dutch oven lasagna while camping!

Comment

Once you've slept on a decent cot,with a self inflating mat,you will never want to sleep on an air bed again.

Comment

That looks like a good cot (on sale too).
            I agree, a good quality air mattress, or foam mattress (self inflating or not) or on a cot makes for a comfortable night.

I have several variants similar to your table and they work well. I typically use a piece of 1/4" plastic on top to give a hard surface though (not altogether necessary, but a bit nicer to set heavier things on).

Cabela's stuff is usually quite good and I regularly peruse their online site (its a good thing they do not have a store near by, IMO; I have enough trouble fitting all the gear in the vehicle as it is).

Enjoy!
            2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
            For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
            Ground tents work best for me, so far.
            Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

I thought you were near lone tree? I know they have them on the north and south side of Denver.

Comment

Lone tree; nope I'm quite a bit south of Denver, closer to the Springs... I tend to avoid very large cities since I got out of the Chicago 'burbs.
                I used to stop, once in a while, at their (original?) store in Nebraska on the way by though.

Enjoy!
                2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Also having recently gotten a cot, and being paranoid about the tent floor, I got these floor saver booties:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Slumb...es/1524459.uts

I don't know if they are overkill or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                    I've seen those. They're certainly neat and tidy which satisfies the bit of OCD in me, but I went with carpet squares. A lot cheaper and a lot thicker.

Comment

Like the OP, I have an Exped mat. I never thought of using a cot with it. As far as I am concerned, the down filled Exped mat is about as comfortable as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Like the OP, I have an Exped mat. I never thought of using a cot with it. As far as I am concerned, the down filled Exped mat is about as comfortable as it gets.
                        I weigh 250 pounds and like a softer mat. So I could feel the ground under my hips. I put the mat on a cot, and it is heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
                          I weigh 250 pounds and like a softer mat. So I could feel the ground under my hips. I put the mat on a cot, and it is heaven.
                          I better not try the cot idea or I might get hooked. Then backpacking might not be as much fun, carrying a cot.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                            Also having recently gotten a cot, and being paranoid about the tent floor, I got these floor saver booties:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Slumb...es/1524459.uts

I remember reading some in a book for trappers written about 100+ years ago that fellows would put use empty cans for cot/bed booties. They would put chemicals in the can to keep bugs and snakes from crawling up the cot/bed legs.

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
                              Well I ordered a new cot from cabelas. It was one of their Alaskan guide models. Pretty nice and big, my exped mega mat barely fits on it. I am getting tired of sleeping on the ground and the storage will be nice as well. I had thought about dropping down to a 10x10 Kodiak canvas, but now I am not sure. Also picked a small table for the tent as well.
                              Here is a link to the cot
                              http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...C=cat104712480

Link to the table
                              http://www.cabelas.com/product/campi..._SEQ_553898880
                              OK. I've good news and bad news for you. The table folds like a dream and takes up little space. I've a similar one from REI and it's great for easy access to eyeglasses, bottle of water and the man's meds. The bad news is it has feet that are prone to breaking much too easily. And nobody seems to sell the part so you can fix it yourself. I urge ya to duct tape the plastic part ( I call it the feet) that holds the metal poles before you start using it so the table will last longer. Bought a Cabela air mattress stand with those #@!%$ feet and was exceptionally unhappy when they broke. And Cabela told me I hadn't bought it from them directly and stated I'd prolly gotten it from a garage sale. Told the rep we don't have no steenkin' garage sales in Manhattan...... Let's just say I ain't buying another thing from Cabela's anymore:out::mad:
                              2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                              Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
                              X