Driving Directions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Directions

Hello All, I am new to this forum and happy to be here. I'm a long time camper, usually camping within a few states from where I live in RI. Looking to venture out this year and take a camping trip to Myrtle Beach about 900 miles. I have a 25' camper, I am looking for any information on where to get the best driving directions. I want to avoid bridges (in NY) tunnels (in NY) and Parkways. All the sites I have been on will not allow me to avoid these particular areas. Looking for help on this, anything will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Camping

Re: Driving Directions

If you use just about any online map with driving directions, you can adjust the suggested route simply by dragging the line to the roads of your choice. Once you've avoided all the roads you want to, print it out.

Comment

I use Google Maps, but here are two that have been recommended to me:

There is an app called CoPilot. It factors in the height of your rig - important for avoiding low overpasses. It is not free, though. All the U.S. is downloaded, so it also works offline.

Another one is Low Clearance - http://www.lowclearances.com/
      - Laura
      Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Many folks with larger RVs get a Trucker's GPS that will allow them to input their rig dimensions (height, width, length) to avoid low clearances, etc. They also provide more options in "avoidances" than a general GPS offers.
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Working...
        X