Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camping furniture and usefull or not accessories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping furniture and usefull or not accessories...

How about a thread which brings up those items of camping furniture (or accessories) that people have found useful (or thought were good ideas but didn't turnout so well)...

I'll lead off with this old pic showing a pair of standard camp chairs and my typical end table.
    ...I should have gotten the 300 pound rated chairs from Walmart; although these worked well for 3 or 4 seasons before the seats or pivot rivets failed (not a painful catastrophe but suddenly with much amusement around the campfire).

The boom box hasn't made the last several trips due to its bulk (an iPod with accessory speaker is more compact)... Evolution happens...

The table top is a piece of 1/4" Lexan; nearly indestructible and provides a much better surface for drinks than the fabric top that comes on these tables.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Re: Camping furniture and usefull or not accessories...

So how's that stripper pole working out? Did it make the cut? :he:

Comment

We love the MAC grade chairs, for a few dollars more than the standard models they are head-and-shoulders above in quality and are still holding up after many seasons. These Roll-A-Tables and their roll-a-stools are heavy-duty vinyl-covered wood and were a good buy:

We recently added this table, and it's featherlight but as sturdy as the Roll-A-Table:

We haven't tried this yet, but obviously it's a re-used walker with standard shelving inserted. Picture used with permission from Rhino Dave:

“People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

"So how's that stripper pole working out? Did it make the cut?"

We like it... music, a few beers and THAT'S Entertainment!...

... and, for its regular job; it keeps the roof overhead, holds up my shaving mirror, the coat hook (including the broom), and the overhead lighting.

Here's a pic of the coat hook... quite handy...

Enjoy!

EDIT: I second the appreciation of rollup tables; added a towel/washcloth bar to ours. (I'll try to dig it out and take a pic later...)
        Ours doesn't have the vinyl though and sometime cards fall through the gaps.

Enjoy!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Happy Joe; 11-21-2015, 08:56 AM. Reason: rollup table
        2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
        For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
        Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Here's a pic of our rollup table (with towel bar).
          Attached Files

Comment

I have the ALPS mountaineering rollup table:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	71%2BLaRuu%2B9L._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	70338

And several of the standard camp chairs and two tables like in Happy Joe's first image.
            “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I have a roll up table, but it is awkward to fold the legs and is an odd height so it rarely used.

What gets a lot of use, though, is a little lightweight wire laundry rack. I left off the wheels. It disassembles quickly if needed. I like it because it keeps all the little things in the tent up off the floor.

It also fits perfectly between the dinette seats in the trailer when I take out the table. That gives us a place to stow items, and much more room to stretch out when sitting.
              Attached Files
              - Laura
              Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

After months of looking at online offerings for camping tables, I wound up buying a simple dual height, 4 foot, fold in half table at Walmart. Surprisingly sturdy for a $25 table and folds up small enough to stash just about anywhere in the truck. I used it in front of the tent as a kind of a catch-all and to keep the inverter and speaker off the ground and at a decent height. I was impressed enough with it that I'm going to get another one for inside the tent.

Comment

Being that I am "bigger than the average bear", I use the Coleman Max jumbo size camp chairs. I have a standard chair that is bent, not broken yet, so I don't trust it for me. I do have a smaller roll-up aluminum table, but it is far too low for use with these chairs. I have a smaller cheap plastic folding table I carry, which is quite good for camping use.
                  Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                    After months of looking at online offerings for camping tables, I wound up buying a simple dual height, 4 foot, fold in half table at Walmart. Surprisingly sturdy for a $25 table and folds up small enough to stash just about anywhere in the truck. I used it in front of the tent as a kind of a catch-all and to keep the inverter and speaker off the ground and at a decent height. I was impressed enough with it that I'm going to get another one for inside the tent.
                    I have one of those from Kmart - looks like a flat suitcase with a web handle. We use it instead of a picnic table as my husband can handle a folding chair better than an attached bench.

I was at Lowes yesterday, and they have a folding round table that looked intriguing: http://www.lowes.com/pd_747924-88126...ding+table#img
                    - Laura
                    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

For me inflatable cushion seat is great find. It is very easy to take with when packed (it weighs literally nothing). When inflated - it is unbelievably comfortable to relax in:

http://www.carid.com/intex/cushion-s...n-68579ep.html

Comment

I too, regularly look at those suitcase tables at Walmart.

We usually use some folding tray tables (especially for quickie weekenders) they are multipurpose; useful for sitting and eating as well as (very) light work surfaces.
                        Unfortunately they are on the short side (~26" high) and not the most stable of tables.

Ye olde kitchen table measures in at 29.5 inches high, for comparison and it too is a bit on the short side for a standup work surface.

Enjoy!
                        Attached Files

Comment

while getting out the old stove I noticed this; perhaps it contributes some historical interest ...
                          An antique officer's table (probably circa WWI) used by the grand parents while camping...
                          The top measure 24" x 32" and it is 27.5" high.

still functional and useable after 100 years, or more...
                          Enjoy!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Okay, I'm going to say it...
                            THIS THREAD HAS LEGS! :tux:
                            “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                            ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
                              Okay, I'm going to say it...
                              THIS THREAD HAS LEGS! :tux:
                              ..and a stripper pole, and places to rest them...

Here is a pic of some (relatively uncomfortable) stools; they mostly don't get used anymore although the one on the right has seen service as a leg rest.

All have been tried as a table base with a piece of Lexan for a top the stool on the right is best for this purpose as it is more stable than those on the left. None is close to being as stable as the folding tables previously mentioned in this thread.

Enjoy!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Happy Joe; 11-24-2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X