Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compact lantern

Hi guys,
    I want to take a good lantern or flashlight to take it for fishing or camping. My last flashlight I ordered on Amazon was not expensive, so I did not loose anything when it died.
    Maybe I can buy something cheaper on Christmas sales. What lanterns are good? There is a huge variety of them, so I’m a bit confused. I don’t want just to waste money on bad quality thing.

Re: compact lantern

I like this camping lantern : http://www.gearbest.com/outdoor-lanterns/pp_235048.html

Comment

I'm more inclined to put more money into a flashlight than a lantern. My reasoning is that a flashlight will get rough handling (rattling around in a pack, getting whacked on stuff, etc.), while a lantern is mostly just sitting or hanging.

I have been really happy with my Bell & Howell flashlights and lantern. I'd put them in the mid-range price point.

For flashlights, I find if you want the "fancy" things like strobe, beam size, etc., the cheap versions really don't hold up. For a basic flashlight, they are fine as long as they aren't being handled roughly.
      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

thanks toedtoes for your reply

Comment

We have a collection of lanterns and flashlights here: http://www.naturesurvivalshop.com/pr...erns-lighters/

Comment

"Cheap" is a vague word ,because it has a different definition to different people. How much was your last flashlight and what's your budget now .

As a camper ,I always bring a portable,waterproof solar lantern. not expensive for me .Still works well after 3 months .

As for flashlight ,I know one of my camping friend has a cool stuff .It has four in One solution ,including flashlight, power bank, glass smashing hammer and seatbelt cutter.If we plan to go camping together next time and I'd like to ask him for more info .
            Take a walk with mother nature, you will be fine then. :go:

Comment

I also like this lantern,good and convenient.

Comment

You'll need a half-dozen or more electric lanterns to match one Coleman Model 288 white gas. Parts are available, they can last more than a lifetime, and often appear on Ebay new or like-new for around $25.00.
                “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
                  You'll need a half-dozen or more electric lanterns to match one Coleman Model 288 white gas. Parts are available, they can last more than a lifetime, and often appear on Ebay new or like-new for around $25.00.
                  �� +1

Comment

Originally posted by Yvonne View Post
                    I really like this one. I read a lot and like the light over my head, not on a table and in my eyes. And, I can give each set of grandkids their own color. Thanks, Yvonne for the link.
                    - Laura
                    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Nice and small, adjustable dimming, 100 lumens. Great in smaller tents and hammocks.

http://www.rei.com/product/878228/bl...d-moji-lantern

Comment

I have gone to all solar LEDs. I wish i knew how to put up a link to Suaoki collapsable lanterns & their tri-light. I have one of each & 2 of the inflatable solar cubes from luci. Those work well for me, take up Very Little space, no heat/handling issues, no fuel & they can charge my phone.

That being said, odds are good that I could find 4-6 MiniMags in my sidebags, trunk & trailer. I like the lil AA size. Built well, spare bulb in end cap & handy.....now they come w LEDs!!
                        Last edited by cunningman; 12-30-2015, 04:25 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Working...
                        X