X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disc-o-bed cam-o-bunk

Has anyone tryed the disc-o-bed cam-o-bunk

Re: disc-o-bed cam-o-bunk

Haven't tried it, but they seem well made with a 500 lb weight limit on each bunk. You would likely need a cabin type of tent since the top bunk is 32" off the ground. Gets great reviews on the Cabela site.
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Do a search, in the box up top. I believe someone has one, but I can't remember their name.
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I have them and love them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mhu3EjjXbM is a little vid my son made of ours. The down side is that they are bulky and heavy.

Comment

Sparky,
          I really like the VX version of the Kodiak.

Comment

I "invested" in the XL Disc-0-bed and it is a very nice product. Very sturdy and comfortable. It is bulky to carry but not difficult to assemble. I actually have one of the bunks set up in the spare bedroom at home for guests and everyone who has used it loves it. We did use it on a camping trip and it fits nicely in our Kodiak canvas VX tent but may be a bit too big for most other tents. When set up as a bunk bed it is pretty tall.

Comment

Sparky ,it's a nice video .I usually go outdoors with my hammock,never try it .Maybe I should get one for myself next time as long as drive a car to go outdoors .
              Take a walk with mother nature, you will be fine then. :go:

Comment

I have a set for my boys! They're easy to put together, but they are a bit heavy

I plan on getting a second set next year, as the boys get old enough to bring friends.

I don't have the XL set, just the regular, and I fit fine on them (I'm 5'6" and 210lbs, so kinda chunky).

Some pics in use here: https://campminion.wordpress.com/201...ut-april-2015/
                We've taken them on four trips so far. :D
                Last edited by sunnymw; 11-25-2015, 05:10 PM.
                Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
                Nights under the stars:
                2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
                2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

Not sure if I have the XL bunk bed set or not. Bought whichever version was on sale this summer.
                  I think they could have made the packing case smaller but it's OK .
                  One of the beds had 2 "couldn't make it to the bathroom oops" moments this summer and I found the material easy to clean and fast drying. One side of the fabric is rubberized so no drops fell in the other sleeper.
                  The original set up in the house was a tad complicated but we were champs by the time we got to the campground.

Beats the no name packed in a duffle bag cots I bought from CL by far and I've no problem recommending them to another.
                  2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                  Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

So here's my question: in the couch configuration, can an adult sit sideways (with a pillow against the side) with an 85lb dog at the other end and an 85lb dog sprawled across me in the middle? Batdog really dislikes sitting around outside - she's a lapdog.
                    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

In the couch configuration I had me (175 lb), my wife (110 lb), and my son (65 lb) with no problem. The XL states -Weight tolerance: 500lbs (226kg) – per single cot. If that helps?

Comment

I saw the tolerance, that is well above our combined weight. More concerned with actual space for Moosedog to curl up at the opposite end from me. Might have to watch for a great sale and give it a try. Might be able to convince the dogs to stay outside after dark if they could cuddle on a couch...
                        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Well, I know it don't help now. But Cabela's had them on sale for $199 on Black Friday. Course, I don't check my mail that often and just got the flyer on Saturday evening....

Comment

That was a nice price!! I took a look around and $259 to $299 seems about average for the XL. I'm not in any rush, so I'll watch for deals and then decide if I really need it.

Comment

cyber Monday price is 250
                              http://www.cabelas.com/product/disc-...Ntt=disc+o+bed

Comment

Working...
                              X