Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying ti find a replacement for my 70's era pop up tent... or suggestions on fixing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying ti find a replacement for my 70's era pop up tent... or suggestions on fixing

so i have a tent that dates back to the early 70's never seen anything like it anywhere or been able to find info on it. all i know is i think my dad bought it at the bay back in the early 70's.

it pops up like an umbreall sept u pull a rope and line up the 2 poles in the midle as u pull the rope to pop it in place. and it puls down really quik and fits inside a folding chair bag quit nicely

the frames in good shape the skin on its worn out. the water seal gave out a few yrs back so anytime it rains it just drips in it now and has some holes in it in various spots where the frame has worn though

temping to get it rebuilt cause frankly never been able to find a replacement for it with its pure ease of setting up and taking down not to mention easy to haul around.
    witch makes it great for setting up in the dark witch usualy happens to me.

Re: trying ti find a replacement for my 70's era pop up tent... or suggestions on fix

Wow it really does look like an oversized umbrella.

Well if you are really set on replacing the fabric you'll be happy to know technology has made a lot of changes since then in tent textiles.

http://www.owfinc.com/

The above link sells tent fabrics and I believe will also make repairs.

HTH!
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Re: trying ti find a replacement for my 70's era pop up tent... or suggestions on fix

Neat. Looks like an original idea for a dome tent. Colors look late '70's or early '80's. I have never seen that tent before.

Comment

so i am not going insane its a rare tent hmm
        txs for the link to materials have to start budgeting and see about finding someone to rebuild it.
        its a way better then those 2 second tents helped someone try and repack one eww.

Comment

Working...
        X