Senior Adventure - First night on Camping Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Adventure - First night on Camping Adventure

Well our adventure has begun. Our first night is being spent here at, Arrow Rock Historic State Park just NW of Columbia, MO, https://www.mostateparks.com/page/55...ric-site-plans,
    We had very little trouble setting up our Kodiak Tent and the host and other campers have been really kind and friendly. Our little chiweenie , Sugar, is loving it. Temp is about 55 and the bugs have been slow to appear so far. This park has wifi, so I am able to post this on the spot. So happy to finally get this trip started. Thanks again for all the advise you have given us so far. Please don't stop now.

ozzmoe

Re: Senior Adventure - First night on Camping Adventure

How nice to hear that youse are out and about using your new gear! Will you be visiting the local museum?
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I've visited that campground but not camped there. My co-worker has though in his RV and really enjoyed it. Enjoy your trip!

Comment

Any pics?
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Well I'm here guys. Salida,CO., camping at Ruby Mountain campground . The ranger has ask me to be the campground host so I completed an application today. I love it!!!
          I'm at macdonald's using their wifi.
          Hope everyone is well. Thanks for all the advice.

Comment

Well there I go having a non geography moment; had to look at a map to note that Missouri is only 13 hours away via car from CO:neutral:. Definitely I need to get out and about this country, LOL.

Anywho great that you are there already and yes would love to see some pics and your impressions of your current locale.
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

We have been camping for the past week at the Ruby Mountain campground just south of Buena Vista, CO. On the Arkansas River. What a beautiful spot. When I get up in the morning I can see Mt. Antero and I am just amazed at how beautiful the 14 teeners really are. Our Senior Adventure continues.

Comment

Still in Salida, CO area camping. Really enjoying sitting by the Arkansas River watching the rafts and kayak's float down river. We should of started this adventure before now.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	70310Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	70309

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzmoe View Post
                  Still in Salida, CO area camping. Really enjoying sitting by the Arkansas River watching the rafts and kayak's float down river. We should of started this adventure before now.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5185[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5184[/ATTACH]
                  Looks beautiful and peaceful. Glad you are enjoying!

Comment

I'm jealous.
                    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Working...
                    X