X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new campsite

was at my site last week and decided to put this campsite together
    hopefully will get me through this winter
    for the roof I tore out the rubber floor from my Kodiak and that's my roof right now
    will be adding to it with subsequent trips
    hoping this setup will get me through the winter
    Attached Files

Re: my new campsite

Will you be staying in your lean to throughout the winter or just leaving it in place for when you are ready?
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I don't stay there all winter
      but go through out the winter

Comment

Is that your cooking area behind the structure to the left of picture # 1 and is it still on the rock ledge? You picked a beautiful spot.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

It's hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like you're in a good place for rain to wash though your shelter. I hope you keep us up to date on your adventure!
          2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

It looks like you'll be over your head in snow. You would be around here. How will you keep warm?

Comment

It looks like you'll be over your head in snow. You would be around here. How will you keep warm?
              --
              snow is always an issue in winter
              I may try to avoid the worst of it,
              for warmth there is enough room and ventilation to have a fire inside, will also be adding additional tarps to somewhat seal it off
              I also have a small propane cat heater that I use for ice fishing, will see how that works
              have camped there with less of a structure in 0 degree temps and did ok

It's hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like you're in a good place for rain to wash though your shelter. I hope you keep us up to date on your adventure!
              ------------------
              I have been using this spot for +5 yrs with various shelters, tent/tarps/etc...
              water/rain at the location has never been a problem

Is that your cooking area behind the structure to the left of picture # 1 and is it still on the rock ledge? You picked a beautiful spot.
              ------------------
              cooking area is directly in front of the leanto on top of the rock ledge
              what you see to the left may have been a bag/supplies I had
              I chose the rock ledge because the woods are so dense I get claustaphobic,
              the opening at the ledge gives me some relief from that

Comment

Amazing! My hats off to you sir!

Comment

Working...
                X