Storage question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage question

Would lifting my pop up onto blocks for the winter help to preserve my tire pressure?

Re: Storage question

Interesting question and I've no answer:D.
    Just wanted to welcome you.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

In my neck of the woods, vehicles on blocks are yard ornaments.

No need to put your pop up on blocks, though. It might even damage things.

My travel trailer is parked in the side yard. I put down three Lynx Levelers in a row behind the tires on each side when I park it. The Levelers are about an inch high, so it is easy to then back the trailer over them. The tires now are off the grass (which can degrade the tires.)

We park the trailer from November to April. The tire pressure is always fine when we resume camping.
      - Laura
      Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by actad View Post
        No need to put your pop up on blocks, though. It might even damage things..

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

You put the trailer on blocks to protect the bearings from getting flat spots. To some extent, your tires can also get flat spots and storing the trailer on the inflated wheels is not ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            You put the trailer on blocks to protect the bearings from getting flat spots. To some extent, your tires can also get flat spots and storing the trailer on the inflated wheels is not ideal.
            You could just move it every so often. That is what we do with our boat trailers since they are light and easy to move with the pickup.

I don't move the bigger travel trailer, but do put something under the tires.
            Last edited by actad; 10-08-2015, 08:22 PM.
            - Laura
            Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Nope. But keeping the sun off the tires will. The checking on tires is caused by UV damage

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                Would lifting my pop up onto blocks for the winter help to preserve my tire pressure?
                Tire pressure is a minor reason for putting your Pop up onto blocks for the winter, unless you allowed all the air run out nearly flat... or worse. . The real reason is to take the load off of your bearings so that you don't get flats on the bearings or the cups.

Your tires can also develop flat spots and wall cracks from sitting in one position. The flat spots will eventually smooth out, but it is not good for your tires. The poor man's approach is to move your pop-up a couple of feet every month or so and to add some air to the tires.

Comment

You shouldn't get flats on you bearing just from parking it ,if your going in and out of it rocking it yes it will make flats.

Comment

Working...
                  X