Your Fantasy Camping Site or Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Fantasy Camping Site or Time

I wanna camp on a Pacific Ocean site. Directly on the edge of the water and eat seafood the entire time.

I want to rent a winter proofed cabin in the NE and spend Thanksgiving there and make a several course meal that I can work off by cross country skiing.

I want to mule or pack horse camp in the Tetons with as much stuff as the animals feel comfy carrying; wine is a necessity.

Some of you might notice that food is a constant.....

What rocks your world?
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Re: Your Fantasy Camping Site or Time

I'd love to camp at The Ovens in Nova Scotia - right on the edge of the continent looking east (opposite of yours) with the ocean pounding away at the cliff below me.

Niagara Falls - doesn't matter how, doesn't matter when; it's my favorite place on earth.

I'd love to camp in a farmers field in the UK where I'd find the cave where King Arthur and his knights are sleeping til England has need of them again. And then I'd go stay in a houseboat on the Thames in London and spend the night in the British Museum and then watch King Arthur and his knights float away on the houseboat until England has need of them again.... (you did say fantasy and that's my all time favorite book, The Sleepers).

I'd love to camp at an abandoned castle and in a cave behind a waterfall and on a boat floating down a slow moving river (yep, more books).

More realistic - most anywhere in Ontario Canada.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Every time out is my fantasy time :-) I'm easily entertained. Nature and stuff.
      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
        I'd love to camp at The Ovens in Nova Scotia - right on the edge of the continent looking east (opposite of yours) with the ocean pounding away at the cliff below me.

Niagara Falls - doesn't matter how, doesn't matter when; it's my favorite place on earth.

I'd love to camp in a farmers field in the UK where I'd find the cave where King Arthur and his knights are sleeping til England has need of them again. And then I'd go stay in a houseboat on the Thames in London and spend the night in the British Museum and then watch King Arthur and his knights float away on the houseboat until England has need of them again.... (you did say fantasy and that's my all time favorite book, The Sleepers).

I'd love to camp at an abandoned castle and in a cave behind a waterfall and on a boat floating down a slow moving river (yep, more books).

More realistic - most anywhere in Ontario Canada.
        Well you've certainly an active dream thunk:he:.

Have you camped further down from the "big falls" yet? Watkins Glen, Taughannock, Buttermilk Falls are beauteous!
        2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
          Every time out is my fantasy time :-) I'm easily entertained. Nature and stuff.
          I hear you on many levels and still want you to 'splain your semi-incarceration.
          2017:

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
            Well you've certainly an active dream thunk:he:.

Have you camped further down from the "big falls" yet? Watkins Glen, Taughannock, Buttermilk Falls are beauteous!
            Never been camping back east - did aeroplane travel and stuck to Canada for the most part. But have seriously considered moving to NF, NY - until the next big storm that lasted 3 months straight. But hope to go camping out there after retirement.

Yep, i've never been accused of not having an imagination.
            “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I am lucky enough to be living in the center if my camping fantasy: Wisconsin. 15,000 inland lakes for canoeing. Lake Michigan, Lake Superior, the Mississipi River, St. Croix river, Wisconsin River, and over 1,000 other significant rivers. 80,000 miles of rivers to canoe with two of the best national scenic riveraways in the USA. 1/4 of our state is national forest for hiking and skiing. In addition, we have 66 well maintained State parks and campgrounds and 61,000 acres of state parkland.

Within a ten minute drive from my house, I can have my canoe in one of four different rivers or 3 large lakes all with parks and public access.

In 15 minutes, I can be in my boat drinking coffee and watching the sunrise on one of the biggest fresh water lakes in the entire world.

Really, I live right in the middle of my outdoor fantasy. Sure, I do tent camp, but I really do not have to leave home to get away from it all.
              Last edited by Mike; 10-07-2015, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                I hear you on many levels and still want you to 'splain your semi-incarceration.
                It's the alternative to semi-retirement. Also called "work" :-)
                2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
                  It's the alternative to semi-retirement. Also called "work" :-)
                  Hehehehe......been there, done that, and got the t shirt.

Actually, selling my business, not buying the RV yet, and still being in Manhattan is eating into the profit. The lil grey cells are thinking on how to make money and remain here until the man wakes up to MY reality. He thinks we should stay here for the sake of the Princess who I love with all my heart and soul but nevah evah planned to raise:confused:. Oh well....stuff happens.
                  2017:

Comment

Fantasy camp sites for me would be the Italian Alps or the Carpathian mountains in Romania. My in-laws live in Romania and we visit them every other year so it's a bigger possibility... but still not very likely to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      I am lucky enough to be living in the center if my camping fantasy: Wisconsin. 15,000 inland lakes for canoeing. Lake Michigan, Lake Superior, the Mississipi River, St. Croix river, Wisconsin River, and over 1,000 other significant rivers. 80,000 miles of rivers to canoe with two of the best national scenic riveraways in the USA. 1/4 of our state is national forest for hiking and skiing. In addition, we have 66 well maintained State parks and campgrounds and 61,000 acres of state parkland.

Within a ten minute drive from my house, I can have my canoe in one of four different rivers or 3 large lakes all with parks and public access.

In 15 minutes, I can be in my boat drinking coffee and watching the sunrise on one of the biggest fresh water lakes in the entire world.

Really, I live right in the middle of my outdoor fantasy. Sure, I do tent camp, but I really do not have to leave home to get away from it all.
                      I know a woman like you. Only discernible difference on this level? She lives just outside the Adirondack Region in NY. She slaps a kayak atop her car and goes at will.
                      2017:

Comment

I experienced my ultimate camping trip.....Bethel, NY just off route 17B.....August 15-17, 1969.....A bit crowed and noisy....but it was a weekend not to be forgotten by many.

The last several years I've been returning to the site every summer for the camping experience nearby while attending various concerts on the same grounds. Passing the experience to my son who's digging it as well.

Experiences that can't be beat.

Be well,
                        elliot

Comment

Originally posted by michelliot View Post
                          I experienced my ultimate camping trip.....Bethel, NY just off route 17B.....August 15-17, 1969.....A bit crowed and noisy....but it was a weekend not to be forgotten by many.

The last several years I've been returning to the site every summer for the camping experience nearby while attending various concerts on the same grounds. Passing the experience to my son who's digging it as well.

Experiences that can't be beat.

Be well,
                          elliot
                          I was a tad too young to be there in '69 yet recall reading the local papers, owning or hearing various artists and ultimately thinking I was all that and a piece of cake wearing a pair of flag striped bell bottoms and a feathered felt hat in JHS:D..

Here's to good times:

https://youtu.be/-azgwfnZu7c
                          2017:

Comment

Originally posted by michelliot View Post
                            but it was a weekend not to be forgotten by many.
                            If I recall correctly, it was a weekend not remembered by many...

Comment

I have never camped west of the Mississippi, so I have a lot of area to cover. I would like to camp in Great Britain, but that is totally based on reading novels located there - the reality is probably quite different. When we were kids, my family went to Mazatlan. I still remember the sunsets.
                              - Laura
                              Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Working...
                              X