Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support

I will be driving a smaller cabover for ten days coming up next week. I am a support driver for a friend who is doing a 10 day bicycling trip through three states next week. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with RV rentals, what do they provide? What should I bring? Is there a microwave, toilet and shower? should I bring pots and pans and clean up gear? Thanks

Re: Support

You say you'll be getting a "smaller cabover". I suspect that will be a 24ft Class C motorhome. In that case, it should have a toilet and small shower. Depending on the model, it could be a "wet bath" - meaning the shower is actually the entire bathroom and everything gets wet - versus a "dry bath" - meaning the shower is a true shower stall and the toilet/sink/etc. are outside of the shower area. Most rentals nowadays come with a microwave and a generator to power it and/or recharge the batteries. You will be expected to dump the grey and black tanks before returning the RV or pay a service fee. One thing to ask when you pick up the RV is what dumps into the black tank versus the grey tank - that will help you conserve space if a tank is filling too quickly. Most common, the kitchen sink and shower will drain to the grey tank and the toilet and bathroom sink will drain to the black tank; but it could go other ways.

As to cookware, etc., it will depend upon the rental company. Some are all inclusive, others include nothing but the actual RV. Ask the rental company what they include. The main things that you will want to know: cookware, tableware, bedding, outdoor furniture, towels.

Welcome to the dark side! While it's just a rental, you may find a small RV is the real way to camp.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Re: Support

That's it.

Comment

Working...
      X