Kayak and Hammock Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak and Hammock Camping

A dedicated tent and car campers for decades, I have recently found hammock camping and kayak camping (with or without hammocks). These forms of camping are unique in that hammock camping requires a bit of working on hanging your equipment depending on the environment you are in...Ideally tree hanging (with straps not cord to avoid damaging the trees) but a "hangers" can use a vehicle and a tree, hiking poles, rocks - it is a creative and lightweight way to camp. There are backyard hammocks (usually used with stretcher bars) and are different from camping hammocks, which can either be just a hammock or a hammock system (mosquito netting, under and top quilts, tarps in differing sizes and shapes). I would love to see a place for hammock camping on this forum site. Same with kayak camping, which requires a kayak of course, and special equipment (pfd's, dry bags, smaller sized equipment like pocket rocket type stoves). Water sports craft, SUP's, even sailing to a campsite are popular. I would love to see water transportation and camping as well. Hope you consider it. Thanks

Re: Kayak and Hammock Camping

I sense a lack of enthusiasm for your suggestion :-( Really, this whole forum gets only a couple of posts a day - so maybe that's overkill?
    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Working...
    X