Maxpedition System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxpedition System

Does anyone here use the Maxpedition System. I like the idea of being able to add or take off parts of the pack I do need or will not need depending on where I am packing. I am thinking about getting the Condor2 and adding about 8 external pouches to add if I need them...I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has this system, thanks

Re: Maxpedition System

I like the Maxpedition concept for keeping things organized. The thing I don't like about it is the additional weight and so much of the volume is used for the additional material, zippers, straps, etc. I think the idea is FABULOUS for a flight bag or business suitcase type of thing, but I think that a lot of the carrying volume capacity is lost and that is not ideal for backpacking. For backpacking, you want maximum volume with minimal weight and the best weight carrying design possible.

Whether Maxpedition brand or otherwise I DO like having a pack that has a separating day pack so that you can drop you big pack at camp and then take off the day pack and use if for day trips.
    Last edited by Mike; 09-16-2015, 03:39 AM.

Comment

I think I am going to go for it.

Comment

Mazer, if you don't mind the weight, it looks pretty much bomber. My son gave me a ruck he used in the army - it had all the bells and whistles, although it wasn't particularly customizable. I didn't pack with it, b/c it weighed almost 6 pounds empty. Eventually he reclaimed it for his shooting gear, since I never used it. As a piece of tactical gear, it was very nice. For backpacking - not so much. I like to keep my base weight under 7.5 pounds, so that was just too much. I'm not a young pup any more so I like to go as light as possible. My days of carrying 50+ lbs on my back for days on end are over, thankfully.
        2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

no 1 bag wil work for all your needs,
          too many features generally will be sacrificing something
          if you already plan on getting 8 pouches I would instead recommend looking into 2 bags instead
          large carry everything and kitchen sink bag
          and a smaller 1-2 day bag

Comment

I ordered the Maxpedition Condor 2, I am very very happy with this pack, the extra pouches can be added or removed as needed. If I am going on a day hike, I take off what I don't need, If I going out longer, I add more. It is waterproof (except the zippers - which I have a fix for) and the bottom is rubberized. it is bomb proof and I am glad I made the investment. The pack rides well fully loaded and with extra pouches, which can be moved around the molle straps to balance things out.

Comment

Working...
            X