Reflectix Cozy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflectix Cozy

To keep your water bottle or camp cooking cup, pot or pan warm for an extended amount of time AFTER you pull it off of the fire, make a cozy of Relfectix and Aluminum Tape. A roll of Reflectix is about $20 and the Aluminium Tape less than $10. These Cozy's or warmers can be made to fit pots, pans, coffee mugs, cups, water bottles or whatever you have. Make a small like, use the tape as a small lid handle on the top and make a small pot holder by cutting a couple of inches long and half an inch wide, make like an envelope, enough room for your finger on both ends with some in the middle to allow for some extra mobility - or just cut a square to use as a pot holder, they weigh nothing, are easy to clean and can be rolled or folded to store. Reflectix is easy to use, just measure and cut with scissors. it is made of bubble wrap and sealed with aluminum. The rolls can also be used as an insulated sleeping pad.

Re: Reflectix Cozy

Made a box out of it for my coolers helps alot

Comment

Originally posted by wecamp04 View Post
      Made a box out of it for my coolers helps alot
      Oh yeah. I forgot I wanted to do this before my next trip. Thanks for the reminder.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

I thought that I would through in my Reflectix Bubble Wrap Cozy. I made it for the outside of my old Colman cooler. Then I thought, the Reflectix is thin. Why not line the inside with it. I cut a bottom piece to fit. Then I cut out side wall liner that would slide down and touch the bottom piece. Did not tape them together. Because I wanted to be able to clean each piece separately. For the top I cut a rubble layer and taped them together. This top layer can float up or down to the side walls. For taller ideas. It has worked just perfect. I use to use a old sleeping bag. It was always a pain. I use different size plastic bottles with a 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of salt in the bottles and fill the rest with water. The salt causes to water to freeze harder and they last much longer the just plain water. After a trip,for clean up on the cooler. I put about 4-5 inches of water in the cooler and add about a cap full of bleach and let each peace soak with a rock on it to kill any creepy bug. Have used the material for other equipment. It works really good for keeping my coffee warm,using the Frence Press. Have a great time camping!

Comment

Working...
        X