Raw Egg No Broken Eggs HACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw Egg No Broken Eggs HACK

Every commercial egg container I have ever used has resulted in broken eggs. Fed up, I ended up downsizing considerably lately in order to go on a kayak camping trip. I thought I would try again. I found a pound sized plastic container for blueberries or grapes works great. I can fit half a dozen raw eggs into the plastic container add a container of butter a micro Rubbermaid will do, add some paper towels, put the whole thing into a ziplock baggie and bingo, no broken eggs while kayak camping

Re: Raw Egg No Broken Eggs HACK

Originally posted by Mazer View Post
    Every commercial egg container I have ever used has resulted in broken eggs. Fed up, I ended up downsizing considerably lately in order to go on a kayak camping trip. I thought I would try again. I found a pound sized plastic container for blueberries or grapes works great. I can fit half a dozen raw eggs into the plastic container add a container of butter a micro Rubbermaid will do, add some paper towels, put the whole thing into a ziplock baggie and bingo, no broken eggs while kayak camping
    Hi Mazer,

You kinda lost me here:"add a container of butter a micro Rubbermaid will do". What does the butter doand the small Rubbermaid container?
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Mazer Rackham: Since I always cook grits, I just take a coffee can full of grits and bury the raw eggs inside. Viola! No broken eggs, and Hey! Grits!! Yeah, I didn't get your post either. I guess you packed butter around the eggs or something?
      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
        Viola!
        Wouldn't a violin be easier to pack? They are smaller... :winktongue:

Comment

Irate - awesome idea. As far as the butter goes, Rubbermaid makes a 1X1X2" container, the size of an egg, the butter can go into

Comment

I guess you're saying I spelled that wrong :-) Weissenheimer!
            2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

:-)

Comment

We used one of these on our trip and didn't suffer a single broken egg.

Click image for larger version

Name:	egg_protector.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	70259

They are only a couple of dollars at Walmart.

Comment

Sure paul, until you put XL eggs in them, lol.
                  “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                  ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                    We used one of these on our trip and didn't suffer a single broken egg.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5088[/ATTACH]

They are only a couple of dollars at Walmart.
                    I use these also with great success. I have heard some folks mention that they don't hold really big eggs, so... Just don't buy really big eggs. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
                      Sure paul, until you put XL eggs in them, lol.
                      We buy our eggs directly from a local farm and never come across any eggs that could be considered XL.

Has anyone here tried powdered eggs while camping? Do they taste anything like natural eggs?

Comment

Has anyone here tried powdered eggs while camping? Do they taste anything like natural eggs?
                        Yes. And NO!

Comment

I like Ova Chrystal Eggs. They are much better than powdered eggs. I keep them in my desk at work.

When camping I always break my real eggs in a jar. They pour out one by one and take up less space in the cooler.

Comment

Powdered eggs need to be combined with meat and veggies to swallow. And those YELLOW WALMART egg containers suck unless you have super small eggs. I like XL eggs

Comment

I'm so confused.

Since the word "micro" is in there, I'm picturing microwaving the butter and pouring it all over the eggs to mold around it - and then stuffing paper towels to fill the excess. I'm assuming the ziploc bag is in case the butter re-melts and leaks?

I've been using the plastic egg containers for 30+ years with never an issue. Yeah, you do have to use medium size eggs, but it's still not a big deal. I used to have 3 or 4 egg packers when my kids were young and still never broke one.

Comment

Working...
                              X