Looking for a beginner camping spot in Colorado and tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a beginner camping spot in Colorado and tips

Hello I'm kinda new camping and I just want to try and ask for some tips and camping spots for a beginner like me I live in Colorado btw . I like being out doors and being active so I would like to take it to the next level and try camping. Maybe 2-3 days camping trip.
    Any tips would help too thank guys

Re: Looking for a beginner camping spot in Colorado and tips

I see no one has responded here and that it's been a while since you posted this. So, if you're still watching, can you begin by telling us how much research you've done on your own? Camping really isn't rocket science, but there is a lot to learn and it would help to know what all ideas you've picked up already.

Comment

This is one thing I hate about this website. Some people just post once and never return. I wonder if it is the moderation period that scares people off? If they post on multiple websites and get quicker response's, so they stay there. If this guy's question would of shown up earlier, I could of helped him, since I live in CO.
      Kind of like the tent questions. I have really quit giving advice on there, due to "one and done's" but that isn't going to encourage new members to stay, either. I don't know, just wish this site got more responses than the same people, saying the same thing.
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I think it's two-fold.

First, most people posting a question on the internet except to see responses almost immediately. Because the moderation here can delay the original post to the point it doesn't show up in the "new posts", responses don't happen quickly. So, they leave.

Second, it seems to be a common issue nowadays - people come and post their question, but have no desire to have a conversation. So, they don't stick around to respond or anything.
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I've been camping here in the Salida, CO area for several weeks. They have several parks that are pay sites and this one is free at this moment. You can only stay for 14 days and you must move after that. Hope this is of some help.

Comment

Working...
          X