Best small to medium length travel trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best small to medium length travel trailer

what is the best travel trailer (quality) money no object?
    What is the best value (best quality for the money)
    Is slightly used the best deal?

Re: Best small to medium length travel trailer

Welcome markfnc.

Can you define your needs? Meaning how many people will sleep in it...do you want a wet or dry bathroom or even any? What size vehicle do you want to tow it with?
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

X2.

There really is no single "best travel trailer brand" out there. It is all dependent upon a variety of factors: layout preference, style preference (hybrid, pop-up, hard-sided, teardrop), material preference (fibergl**** aluminum, etc.), power source (all electric, propane/electric), etc.

How you want to use the trailer will also have a huge impact as to what would be "best" for your situation. Do you want to travel around the country sightseeing and staying at RV parks with hookups? Do you want to do more traditional camping in established campgrounds? Do you want to bookdock/disperse camp in rugged, hard to get to areas? How long do you want to stay out at a time? How much creature comforts do you want while you're out?
      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

26' or so. there are us 2 adults and 14 year old. We like the master bedroom in the back. We went to a camper show this weekend, and really like the bedroom as a slide out with the bed sideways. only the 1 kid, so don't need the bunk beds. real bathrooms. would like to get from living area to bedroom without going thru bathroom. bath to the side with hallway past to bedroom. Outdoor kitchen and shower would be nice as well.

Comment

LOL Small to medium is 26 feet? Here I am looking for a 16-17 foot box. Of course, I don't have any family, so I guess the length is subjective.

Comment

I thought that was long, but at the camper show we were at they had 26 listed in medium length.

Comment

basically wanted to know if any certain manufacturer made real cheap crap to avoid, vs some that may be pretty nice quality, but not the cost of an airstream.

Comment

For TTs around 26ft, I don't think there is any one brand that stands out from the rest at that size. Most have quality control (or more aptly quality inconsistencies) so buying new you're likely to have warranty work done. This could limit your time to camp at the beginning.
                “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                  LOL Small to medium is 26 feet? Here I am looking for a 16-17 foot box. Of course, I don't have any family, so I guess the length is subjective.
                  Pretty much agreed although the biggest towable RV is about 40 feet for a 5th wheel and 38 ft for a TT. When ya think about it that way a 26' fits into the middle making it basically a mid sized unit but not so much a small.

OK now re-evaluating your criteria in order of how ya wrote it up. Have you looked at Airstream's line? If you buy it new you can get involved in the layout process. Not sure why you prefer a sideways bed over walk around (hard for one person to get out of the bed but but as long as I'm not the one struggling whadda I care:D?) yet to each their own. The line has a great resale price.

Medium priced and popular line? Jayco. Lots of layouts. In fact so many layouts it makes my head spin. Standard depreciation.

As for this question:

Is slightly used the best deal?
                  Sheesh, folks argue forever about it, LOL. Take a look at the annual depreciation of each model you've an interest in and decide for yourself. Then you can spend years online defending your rationale:he:.
                  Last edited by NYCgrrl; 08-31-2015, 04:14 PM.
                  2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                  Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I am fond of my new TT - just upgraded to an 18 ft.
                    Attached Files
                    - Laura
                    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

I just joined and saw this post. I absolutely love our 2008 189FBR by Cruiser RV. However, I would suggest that you buy a used one. It's aluminum framed, fiberglas, high clearance for rough roads, and tons of storage, outside shower, flat screen tv and FULL SIZED QUEEN BED <--- virtually impossible to find.

Unfortunately, they don't make them small any more. They used to make 13' 16' 18 models, but now all they make are large with slide outs. If you're interested, I have a ton of mods I've done to my camper on my blog - http://wackypup.blogspot.com

Whatever you get, get out and enjoy it!!!!

Liz
                      2008​Cruiser FunFinder X ​189FBR & 2014 FORD F150​ :D 153 Nights Camping this year
                      Tons of Creative, Unique and Inexpensive Mod WackyPup.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                      X