Tent camping HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent camping HELP

I am looking to take my girlfriend tent camping in Oct/Nov up in the Mountains. In a perfect world it would be by a creek and with waterfalls within a short driving distance (max 1 hr drive). Would like to be at some sort of "primitive" spots and/or very secluded location. Location can be in NW Georgia/Eastern Tenn., however I prefer not to be in a "RV Park". If anyone has any suggestions, we would truly appreciate ANY and ALL help. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Weedy

Re: Tent camping HELP

Try Cloudland Canyon State Park near Trenton, Ga. - I think that was the name of it.
    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

You might want to check out the "Best in Tent Camping" series of books from Menasha Ridge press (available from Amazon and other placed in both paperback and electronic editions). I've found these guides to be great in helping me find great camping spots. The books offer a brief description of what the park offers, along with detailed descriptions of the campground, including the best sites, privacy, facilities, how quiet, etc. You can get books for both TN and GA.
      Where we've camped so far (as an adult...many more when I was a kid :-)

Comment

+1 on the Best Tent Camping series. I thought I knew my state pretty well, but learned a lot from this book.

Comment

Working...
        X