Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kentucky Governor Wants To Explore Privatizing Parks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Governor Wants To Explore Privatizing Parks?

I read an article that the governor of Kentucky wants to explore the option of privatizing their state parks. The article said it is costing the state 83 million dollars to run the parks. Now, I do not live in Kentucky, but even with that being said it sucks that the governor wants to do that or even threaten to do it. What is everyone's thoughts on the topic?

Re: Kentucky Governor Wants To Explore Privatizing Parks?

Originally posted by CampingLover View Post
    I read an article that the governor of Kentucky wants to explore the option of privatizing their state parks. The article said it is costing the state 83 million dollars to run the parks. Now, I do not live in Kentucky, but even with that being said it sucks that the governor wants to do that or even threaten to do it. What is everyone's thoughts on the topic?
    I think it's 2 candidates for the post of governor who are advocating this but haven't seen any details on how either would implement:(.
    Do you have a link to the article you saw?
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

No, I do not. I wish I did because it even made the local news for me. I am on the border of Kentucky and Ohio. I actually think it was the hometown newspaper who updates their website once in a blue moon! lol

Comment

If it's a situation anything like the Dillweeds who run CA state parks (into the ground, the worst of any CGs), the sooner the better for Kentuckians.
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I haven't been to a state park in Kentucky in quite a long time, but the last time I was there, they were among the neatest, best-kept parks I had ever been in. Privatizing them might save the state some money, but I would expect the cost to campers to go up.
          Mike Hampton
          If it's "it is," it's "it's" otherwise it's "its."

Comment

Working...
          X