Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a tent spot in New Mexico... Recomendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a tent spot in New Mexico... Recomendations?

Hello,

I joined this forum in hopes that one of you guys could advise me on a great camping spot. I live in New Mexico and have camped all over from southern NM, northern NM and most of the area in between. The Pecos and Jemez never seem to disappoint me and my family, but I'm looking for a particular spot this year.

We're looking to set up our tent in the national forest (like Santa Fe or Carson) where there are no other camp sites and we have plenty of peace and quiet. NM has had quite a bit of rain recently, but we're really looking for an area that is known for being green and heavily forested with some nice flat green areas to set up the tent.

Somewhere within 3 hours or so from Albuquerque would be great. We'd like to camp in the National Forest so we're away from others but would like to be close to a town/certain area or campground so we have a relative idea where we are and have a reference. I'm sure several of you guys have found awesome, secluded spots that are green and heavily forested in NM, and if you could share it would much appreciated! Again somewhere that is secluded, green, mountainous, and heavily forested.

Thanks so much!

Jacob
Working...
X