Campsite in Michigan with horseback riding and fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campsite in Michigan with horseback riding and fishing

First timer here! Hello to the forum members! I live in Southeast Michigan (40 miles west of Detroit). I'm taking my 11 and 13 year old girls camping and I'd like to do something more than the usual which is just going to Camp Dearborn in Milford, MI for 2 days and cook hot dogs and hamburgers and have s'mores at the end of the night. They enjoy fishing and just went horseback riding in Mackinac for the first time (and loved it).

Does anyone know of a campsite that I could go to for a Friday night through Sunday morning/afternoon that has fishing and horseback riding (or a location offsite that's close by where we can go fishing and horseback riding for an hour or two)?

I have a 6 person popup tent...nothing fancy. I'd only need a concrete pad to park my SUV and an electrical outlet. I'm willing to travel up to 3 hours. Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

AC

Re: Campsite in Michigan with horseback riding and fishing

Pokagon State Park near Angola, Indiana has a saddle barn. Potato Creek State Park near South Bend, Indiana has a fishing lake rents boats/trolling motors if you are so inclined. Go to http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/ and see if there is anything nearer you in Michigan.
    Mike Hampton
    If it's "it is," it's "it's" otherwise it's "its."

Comment

Working...
    X