Venture Vermont Outdoor Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venture Vermont Outdoor Challenge

If you live in VT, or are close enough to take advantage of the outstanding State Park system we have here, I highly recommend taking part in the Venture Vermont Outdoor Challenge! It is a list of various outdoor (and indoor) "challenges" that you complete and take photos of for points, and once you hit 250 points you submit your scoresheet and photos and you get a VIP gold coin that is good for FREE State Park day use entry for the rest of 2015 and ALL of 2016! Nice! The challenges range from things you can do at home, like taking a bike ride around your neighborhood, climbing a tree, making a shelter out of nature, sewing a ditty bag, etc to actual State Park challenges like fishing in a State Park, camping in a State Park, build a sand sculpture at a State Park beach, etc. It's a really fun challenge for everyone, singles and families alike. Our two girls have LOVED figuring out what challenges to do and get so excited when we complete each one.

Here's the link to the info page and place to download the Venture Vermont Scorecard:
    http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/venturevt.htm

The challenge only runs through Oct. 15 for this year, so challenges must be completed by then to be eligible for the 2015 challenge, but they do this every year, so if you miss out this year, keep your eyes out for the 2016 challenge around April of next year!
    Last edited by Shortpants; 07-28-2015, 11:44 AM.
    Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Re: Venture Vermont Outdoor Challenge

This same program just started for 2016! The score sheets went up on April 1st! It really is an awesome program and so much fun to do with the family or with friends... not to mention the free park use for TWO seasons! Here's the updated 2016 site/score sheet:

I know myself and the family can't wait to get started on our challenges!!!
    Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Re: Venture Vermont Outdoor Challenge

Originally posted by Shortpants View Post
      This same program just started for 2016! The score sheets went up on April 1st! It really is an awesome program and so much fun to do with the family or with friends... not to mention the free park use for TWO seasons! Here's the updated 2016 site/score sheet:

I know myself and the family can't wait to get started on our challenges!!!
      Great family fun and I'm going to see if similar is available for other states:glasses:
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
      X